LS U5030C or P7010C

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #1  

Mike1369

Silver Member
Tractor
Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County
Hey guys new to the tractor world and need a little help.

My father in law has a 10 acre palm farm that he can no longer work on, due to health reasons, so he has decided to pass it over to the idiot son in law (that's me if you ask him...:thumbsup:)

About 20 years ago I used to broker palms but it was only has hobby, I am now left with the task of getting this farm either to produce $$$ or get it ready for sale.
My question is, my so called genius of a father in law left me 4 tractors ( Kubota 7950DT, Ford 5600 and 2 Kubota 5200. Oh none which work really well). Since I don't have much free time and will be doing the work on weekends I need to buy a reliable tractor that I don't have to spend 1 hour just getting it ready to start.
These are the choices I have been able to come up with.

2011 brand new LS U5030C with front end loader, brush mower and tree boom for around $31000

2012 brand new LS P7010C with same attachments for around $42000

Is there anything I should know about either of these units to make me worried about buying either one. They will be used to be pulling palms out in the weight of about 2000lbs then lifted on trailers.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
Sorry for the long story....:cool:
Mike

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #2  
Mike, there are several owners of both of these machines here on the forum. I'm sure Gary Fowler will be along shortly and fill you in on the P series. He seems to be the local authority on the big machines. He gets a lot of serious work out of his. Reliability on any LS machine; you just don't hear of any real issues.
Randy

/ LS U5030C or P7010C
90 views and not one opinion. Come on guys, we are Americans, we ALL have opinions...:laughing:

Good or bad, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Bring on the comments.

Thanks
Mike

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #4  
They'll be along soon, there's a helpful bunch on this forum.

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #5  
Well, here's mine, without any research done at all, just experience. You will need the capacity of the bigger machines loader to do the work easily. You say that you will be a weekender. You don't have time to fool around, you need to get work done, get the P7010C and be done with it. ;)

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #6  
Brian is right, the P7010C is a bigger heavier more powerful machine. It will make things easier to do.

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #7  
90 views and not one opinion. Come on guys, we are Americans, we ALL have opinions...:laughing:

Good or bad, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Bring on the comments.

Thanks
Mike

If your in the Miami/Redlands/Homested/Fla -hitty area I know that area well. I'am about 140 miles NW of you.
Opinions / like some one else said bigger always better for that line of work.
If you don't mind the asking what are you going to do with your existing tractors,what are there conditions ? And where is an LS dealer in SE Fla ? Closest one to me is in Alva . Fla. Those other tractors could be "trade bait" towards a new LS. Or flat out sold outrite even though I'd keep one extra at least around fpr pto water pump or genny. Also don't forget to mount a fire extinguisher on it and a good side arm on your belt. Like I said I know that area well and have dealt with some of the local natives around there in past. ;)
Just my :2cents: ! :)

Boone

Attachments

• Save-Americas-Wild-Horses-Large.png
    Save-Americas-Wild-Horses-Large.png
    94 KB · Views: 144
   / LS U5030C or P7010C #8  
Mike, I have a U5030C that I really like. I pull a 8' disc mower, 10 rotary cutter, and a 4x5 hay roller with it. The tractor does a good job with these attachments. What I do not know anything about is a palm farm, from what you have said you will be doing with the tractor I would suggest the P7010C simply because of the higher HP and more weight. Tim

/ LS U5030C or P7010C
Boone, the tractors are for sale in the classified section here. Ive been offered $9000 for all of them and Im kind of holding out just a bit. Had the guy from homestead tell me they where worth closer to $12 so Im waiting just a bit.

Closes LS dealer to me is indiantown about 100 miles north. So far they told me the P7010 with bucket $37K, also holding on to see if I get a little better price. Boone, all the tractor work but have been rigged by my father in law over the years and I don't have time to spend an hour figuring it out every time I need one. So I would rather get a new one just to save that extra hour and headache ( I will only be working the palm farm on weekends so time is precious)
With regards to the side arm. Glock 40 on the wait and a 38 in the cab... I don't trust anyone that works in and around that area.:biggrin:

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #10  
Put me down for P series. It's easy to under estimate your tractor requirement. While I enjoy my 5030, I find myself needing something bigger just to run larger/wider implements.