Here we go another problem !

/ Here we go another problem !
Sounds like LS is stepping up and taking care of the problem, as they should, and that is great. But why not just give the OP a brand new tractor. I mean come on, yanking an engine out of a new unit (IF that is what they did) to fix his tractor, with 80hrs on the clock, seems odd to me. Give him a new unit. He will be a happy and loyal customer touting the virtues of LS. Then again, what do I know. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night:D.
I'd have loved to have had the option !!!!!! I would've gotten a larger tractor too !!! Temps are dropping it's 21 feels like 11 but still would love to be in the seat again, put 80 hrs on in about 3-4mths working 60-70 hrs a week at work too !

UPDATE for anyone that has been wondering !!!!
The dealer recommended that I get my insurance co. Involved, then after they looked at the tractor they TOTALED IT !!!!!!!!!!! now that was just the tractor not the loader ! Now I got lucky and got enough $$$$ to pay off the loan, now I'm waiting for my overpayment so I can get another tractor! I've been without a tractor since 12/31/12 , What advice can you give me on another tractor ?? Do I sell my loader or try to reuse it? Thanks guys !!!

/ Here we go another problem ! #33  
????? How come the insurance company is involved with a tractor that had a bad engine? Unless the dealer and LS deemed it non-warranty???

Don't know but it only had 81 hrs !!!! But if they wanted it fixed they said the engine was like $8200.00 all by itself !!! I know a kabota engine is like half that ! Also needed the loan paid if they weren't going to fix it under warranty !!!! I'm thinking of going to a different brand !!! Any thoughts ???

/ Here we go another problem ! #35  
So the dealer didnt give you any reason why they didnt cover it? I find that very odd, and slightly concerning.

Very, it took forever for them to com out and get it, now 2 months later I'm left without a tractor ! But also no payments at least I got that ! Magnus did you get to the farm show in Syracuse ?

/ Here we go another problem ! #37  
Somehow I am feeling like I am missing an important piece of information here. This doesnt sound like the way LS normally handles things from what I have seen and heard.

/ Here we go another problem ! #38  
I'm with you on this one Mangus, there must be some info missing here. I know if I had a bad engine in that short of time, I'd be getting either a new engine or a new tractor.....from the manufacturer, not my insurance company. Maybe he'll give us the whole story, so we can make sense of this episode. I do hope for the sake of the OP, that they get him taken care of.
Randy

/ Here we go another problem ! #39  
rwork - my main concern here, is that by not getting the full story, someone may look poorly upon LS.

/ Here we go another problem ! #40  
rwork - my main concern here, is that by not getting the full story, someone may look poorly upon LS.

This is true, but in all of the LS posts here in this forum, I can only recall one or two complaints. Not a bad record at all. Take a look at some of the "other" forums!