Here we go another problem !

/ Here we go another problem ! #51  
He sure dose have a good dealer. The dealer put a lot out along with LS until they got to the root of the problem. shouldn't have to be that way ,The dealer should always be the first call with every problem like this. The manufacture has spent a lot of money up front to provide warranty, and even that this was not a warranty claim and could never have been, it still cost every one something. If things where differnt and the tractor never restarted and brought to the dealer on a rolloff things could of been different. There is a chemical to put into freshly changed oil that removes water then rechange the oil 2 more times in a row, this may have made a difference. Things happen I see it every day,We always try to improve on it to keep things from rehappening. Good thing his insurance covered it,

/ Here we go another problem ! #52  
I'm glad noone got stuck buying that one used, had it lasted a bit longer than it did. You never know what some equipment been through.

/ Here we go another problem ! #53  
This is an odd story! After all the dealer did and the expense (time/labor) of diagnosing the problem, involving the manufacturer and finally encouraging an insurance claim, the OP is thinking about a different dealer and brand of replacement tractor too! It seems that the dealer gave exceptional service based on the OP's side of the story. If the OP liked his tractor choice in the first place, then why change brands? Why not just get a replacement tractor like the one damaged? I could see an upgrade in HP/features within the same brand, but an outright switch? That's odd to me IMHO.

We all do things we shouldn't from time to time - it is human nature - the first error (sinking the tractor in the mud) is forgivable (although odd), where the OP went wrong is when he didn't contact his dealer immediately after sinking the tractor in the mud. For a machine still under warranty and insured it seems odd that a claim wasn't made immediately. Insurance still would likely have paid for the engine rebuild and tractor reconditioning and the damage wouldn't have been as extensive. The multiple oil changes might have sounded like a good idea but if there was MUD and not just water in the engine the engine wouldn't last very long. On top of that the OP continued to operate the machine with warning lights coming on - odd again. The whole story sounds odd - but people do odd things - hind sight (which is 20/20 or better) certainly can make things look odd as well:2cents:

/ Here we go another problem ! #55  
Don't know but it only had 81 hrs !!!! But if they wanted it fixed they said the engine was like $8200.00 all by itself !!! I know a kabota engine is like half that ! Also needed the loan paid if they weren't going to fix it under warranty !!!! I'm thinking of going to a different brand !!! Any thoughts ???

Thoughts? Yeah, you're not giving the whole story, and it wasn't a problem with the brand, the dealer, or your specific tractor.

What do you mean you don't know? You sunk it in mud/water and continued to run it after warning lights came on.

That's a very clear case of abuse/operator error. Stuff happens, we all know that. The proper response to submerging it would be to shut it down, extract it, if at all possible (without running the engine ), immediately call the dealer and follow their advice exactly.

/ Here we go another problem ! #56  

Where (What) happened exactly? The core arguments I made in that thread are as valid now as they were when I posted them. As it turns out after the tractor show, I am one "Good" demonstration away from buying a J. But I note that had it not of been for Magnus putting me on to a competent dealer, that would not at all be the case.

Last edited:
   / Here we go another problem ! #57  
There are people that should not own any sort of powered equipment , here is the classic example .Why all the exclamation marks in this story . I'd bet this guy would laugh after the tree fell on his house .

/ Here we go another problem ! #58  
Where (What) happened exactly? The core arguments I made in that thread are as valid now as they were when I posted them. As it turns out after the tractor show, I am one "Good" demonstration away from buying a J. But I note that had it not of been for Magnus putting me on to a competent dealer, that would not at all be the case.

Not against you relax where what
Post 3 &4
Written by Singalo
"G3033H just shared a story with me that,,,,,,, well lets just say it supports all of my fears and then some."

We now know what happen to G3033H and his dealer.

/ Here we go another problem ! #59  
Not against you relax where what
Post 3 &4
Written by Singalo
"G3033H just shared a story with me that,,,,,,, well lets just say it supports all of my fears and then some."

We now know what happen to G3033H and his dealer.

I am quite relaxed thank you.

But you are correct, that particular comment was made prior to knowing he submerged his tractor. Funny how that information didn't come out until latter on, as if it was irrelevant information. I kind of think that bit should have been mentioned in the first sentence, like:

So, I submerged my tractor, and 2 months later my engine died.

Would have saved everyone involved a lot of time.

/ Here we go another problem ! #60  
There are people that should not own any sort of powered equipment , here is the classic example .Why all the exclamation marks in this story . I'd bet this guy would laugh after the tree fell on his house .

I reckon someone like that would change the furnace filter 6x before calling insurance or fixing the roof :shocked: