Here we go another problem !

/ Here we go another problem ! #61  
Unfortunately there are a lot of tractor owners who have no idea what to do with them, but fortunately for those who pay attention on TBN there is a lot of good advise from those who do. It seems common sense is not prevalent in some tractor owners who use their tractors for swamp buggies, push with the box blades, ram their FELs into immovable objects and other not so smart things that help keep the tractor dealers in business with new parts sales.

/ Here we go another problem ! #62  
Unfortunately there are a lot of tractor owners who have no idea what to do with them, but fortunately for those who pay attention on TBN there is a lot of good advise from those who do. It seems common sense is not prevalent in some tractor owners who use their tractors for swamp buggies, push with the box blades, ram their FELs into immovable objects and other not so smart things that help keep the tractor dealers in business with new parts sales.

You can't push with with a box blade? I have witnessed a box blade spreading piles of topsoil and gravel "loads" =) of times. Why I wonder do you suppose they put a blade on heavier BB's in both directions?

/ Here we go another problem ! #63  
You can't push with with a box blade? I have witnessed a box blade spreading piles of topsoil and gravel "loads" =) of times. Why I wonder do you suppose they put a blade on heavier BB's in both directions?
The problem is when you hit something hard when going backward (ie: digging with it vs spreading with it) you will tend to pretzel the 3 point arms and generally make a mess.

Aaron Z

/ Here we go another problem ! #64  
The problem is when you hit something hard when going backward (ie: digging with it vs spreading with it) you will tend to pretzel the 3 point arms and generally make a mess.

Aaron Z

Agreed, but that's not how Gary phrased it. I recon if you bash anything WITH anything hard enough, it will break.

/ Here we go another problem ! #65  
Agreed, but that's not how Gary phrased it. I recon if you bash anything WITH anything hard enough, it will break.
But going in reverse you are putting a flat piece of steel in compression which is its weakest direction. Your 3 point arms will take a lot more beating pulling a boxblade than pushing one.

Aaron Z

/ Here we go another problem ! #66  
If three point hitches were made to push they would of put them up front.:laughing:

/ Here we go another problem ! #67  
If three point hitches were made to push they would of put them up front.:laughing:

So,,, the companies making box blades with blades for both directions are what? Crazy? Or is it that if you use the box blade within the limits of what it and the tractor were designed for, then you can get away with "Pushing Stuff".

/ Here we go another problem ! #68  
speaking of pushing with the box blade, it's usually not the intent that gets you, it the surprises! I've bent my stabilizer bars pushing loose dirt. No problem with the dirt, it was the hidden stump that got me! Whack! luckily all I bent were the stabilizers.

/ Here we go another problem ! #69  
So,,, the companies making box blades with blades for both directions are what? Crazy? Or is it that if you use the box blade within the limits of what it and the tractor were designed for, then you can get away with "Pushing Stuff".
If you stay withing the limits you should be fine, but the limits are much higher pulling (going forward) than pushing (going backward) and many people dont realize that.

Aaron Z

/ Here we go another problem ! #70  
If you stay withing the limits you should be fine, but the limits are much higher pulling (going forward) than pushing (going backward) and many people dont realize that.

Aaron Z

Lol,,, Thanks man.