Looking to Buy

/ Looking to Buy #11  
You need to shop around.
I paid 19,700 out the door for my R4047 Shuttle

/ Looking to Buy
I do intend to work on the price with him some more. I wonder if the 41/47 are not that much of a price jump from the 39? I am hoping I can get him down to about 18,000 even. I am trying to stay down in the size range of the 3039, and notice the 41+ is bigger. (not that it matters to me that much)

Really my budget is less yet, but I am willing to make the sacrifice for the creature comfort/options the R series has.

That is a really nice price for the 4041H, but I really dont want a hydrostatic, and It would probably cost me enough to get it here, that it wouldnt really make it worth it in the end. One thing i am trying NOT to do, is annoy my local dealer, since in the end, it is him who I would end up dealing with for warranty.

Those of you who have stated what you paid - how long ago was this? I know there has been at least one price increase in the last 6 months.... Also, I wonder how long your dealers may have had the tractor on their lot, thus allowing them to be priced to move.

As far as transport for warranty - I believe him when he says he includes it. I have known him for some time, and I know him well enough that he wouldnt just say that because I am close by.

I am still on the fence on the calcium... But, it is kind of like he said. It will take many years before you would actually damage a rim bad enough to matter - and even so, they are only about $150 for the rim. I do agree with killing grass.... but I am not sure that really matters to me. I have worked with tractors with junk dry-rotted tires on them for many years, and have yet to actually puncture a rear tire (knock on wood!). I still need to think on this a little bit, but I am leaning toward just using it.

I can see the point on the length of the shuttle lever, and honestly, its something I will probably get used to without much effort. It probably stems from having just gotten off the borrowed Kubota L2650 right before I went down there.

Ed, I am working with Paige Equipment - he is literally 2 minutes away from me....

/ Looking to Buy #13  
Mangus..

A few things to consider..

Now this is all my opinion of course. I think you can do much better on price. I live in W. PA and paid $20,000 out the door / delivered for my machine. I have the R4041 with the EZ shift transmission. Sort of a cross between shuttle and hydro I guess.
Anyways, I think hes throwing in the free delivery and warranty delivery / pickup because; as you stated the dealer is only a couple miles away. Its safe to say that he would have less than an hours labor round trip to take the tractor back for any warranty work.
The loader does have a small "sweet" spot to curl and lift at the same time. When you do catch it, the loader hydraulics are a lot slower. You mentioned the shuttle lever being a little short. You will learn to appreciate that the first time you got to get off the tractor and hit the lever with your hip causing it to drive away on its own. I have trained myself to put the lever AND the trans gear selector in neutral when dismounting. That way, if you hit the shuttle lever, it wont take off on you.

Now again.. my opinion: I would, and did go with rimguard without the tubes. CCL is very caustic when exposed to air. At some point, a thorn or something will compromise the tube which will cause the CCL to leak into the void between the rim and tube. There is much discussion on CCL vs Rimguard on the boards. For me, Rimguard was the best choice because 1) CCL would kill my grass to the root if it leaked, 2) I will never have to worry about rims deteriorating from the inside out, and 3) I cant plug an inner tube. I have read good results on these boards of people filling rims themselves with RV antifreeze rather that CCL.
My last thought: If it were me.. and its not.. but if it was.. Knowing what I know now, I would tell him to forget all of the free delivery, fuel, wax and CCL and get a bigger machine for the same price as his deal on the 3039. I think an R4041 is within reach of your $19250 budget.

In the tractor world.. 99.9% of the time.. bigger IS better.

This may give you a little more perspective on the deal he is offering.. I came across this AFTER my initial post.

2012 LS Tractor R4041H with Front Loader

WOW, that is one SMOKIN HOT DEAL. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Looking to Buy #14  
I find that price, with that many hours on the machine, to be off from what I'd expect. I'm waiting on delivery of my R4047H, and it was $21,500 out the door (I also got forklift forks with it, for another $750). R,

/ Looking to Buy
Cross your fingers, I dropped off my credit app today....

I checked the price today again to get an exact number, and the 3039, he has listed at 19,185; 2041 at 20,845.

I am figuring I can get him down to 18,500ish and still include things as he listed before. I should just let him get the 19, and toss in the 50 hour service though, so its financed :)

/ Looking to Buy #16  
I looked at both the R 30 series and the R 40 series the 30 series is a lot more nimble than the 40"s and as for the ad you posted thats a used LS i don't see any warranty with that one

/ Looking to Buy
Rayjay, the way I see it is this....

I was originally looking at the G3033 - and decided I would prefer the beef of the R3039.

I think if my starting point had been the R3039, I would consider a jump up to the 4041, or 4047. The jump from the 39 to the 41 and 47 isnt that much. Its kind of like the jump from the G3033 to the R3039.

At the price of the R3039, I am already more than I really should spend. Honestly (dont tell the wife this) I should probably just go buy something used. It was just hard to justify spending $8-10k on a used Kubota that is smaller than the G3033 at $15.5k. Then I fell in love with the R3039..... and it was all down hill. I really cant go anymore than the 18-19k I am looking at now. I decided to make the jump to the R3039, since if I am going to buy something.... I should at least by HAPPY with what I get. The 3039 should do anything I ever need (and most likely more!)

Hope this helps some in your decisions....

/ Looking to Buy #18  
Rayjay, the way I see it is this....

I was originally looking at the G3033 - and decided I would prefer the beef of the R3039.

I think if my starting point had been the R3039, I would consider a jump up to the 4041, or 4047. The jump from the 39 to the 41 and 47 isnt that much. Its kind of like the jump from the G3033 to the R3039.

At the price of the R3039, I am already more than I really should spend. Honestly (dont tell the wife this) I should probably just go buy something used. It was just hard to justify spending $8-10k on a used Kubota that is smaller than the G3033 at $15.5k. Then I fell in love with the R3039..... and it was all down hill. I really cant go anymore than the 18-19k I am looking at now. I decided to make the jump to the R3039, since if I am going to buy something.... I should at least by HAPPY with what I get. The 3039 should do anything I ever need (and most likely more!)

Hope this helps some in your decisions....

I'm pretty sure tractors are like outbuildings/barns....no matter how big you get, you wish it was just a little bigger! Stretching to buy something a little bigger, and new will likely pay dividends down the road. I started out looking at used, and decided that I don't have time to mess with downtime if/when things break, and being able to call the dealer to send someone to fix it under warranty is a major plus.

/ Looking to Buy
I'm pretty sure tractors are like outbuildings/barns....no matter how big you get, you wish it was just a little bigger! Stretching to buy something a little bigger, and new will likely pay dividends down the road. I started out looking at used, and decided that I don't have time to mess with downtime if/when things break, and being able to call the dealer to send someone to fix it under warranty is a major plus.

Exactly!! You have just described exactly what my thoughts are (although MUCH simpler!!)

/ Looking to Buy
Well, it appears my purchase has been tabled due to the fine folks at AgriCredit not liking my 'not so perfect' credit.

I guess I will update if I come up with something at a later date.

Thanks for the help....
Mike