Lift Capacity vs Breakout force

/ Lift Capacity vs Breakout force #1  

mangus580

Gold Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039
I think I understand the difference in the terms.... but why the major difference?

Looking at the specs for the LL3103 for the R3039, Lift capacity is 2250, while Breakout Force is 3457. Is the lift capacity that much lower just for safety reasons while maneuvering with a load? I guess the real question is, can the loader lift more, if you are lifting straight up, and not transporting it anywhere? (like to lift a pallet up, and back a truck under it?)

/ Lift Capacity vs Breakout force
Thanks bcp - I guess that about sums it up :)

Further reading basically sums it up as the amount of force it can lift straight up off the ground. Sounds like lifting a pallet on forks for transport around the yard may allow for a heavier lift, than say loading a pallet to a higher height (or dumping a heavier load in a truck).

That said, I shouldnt have much trouble moving a face cord of firewood around on a pallet, as long as I dont need to get it more than a foot or 2 off the ground with a R3039 - which is what sparked this question.

/ Lift Capacity vs Breakout force #5  
I believe the breakout force is a combination of lift and curl.

Size of bucket will also modify your lift capacity.

You probably have more curl force than lift force on most tractors.

The rating that LS provides cant be curl, as its listed at the pivot pin.

/ Lift Capacity vs Breakout force #7  
i have the r3039 loaded rear tires with rim guard I'm lifting the one ton bags with coal in them no problems lifting do need to add more counter weight as the rear of the tractor gives you the pucker feeling .... not coming off the ground but that floating

/ Lift Capacity vs Breakout force #8  
The rating that LS provides cant be curl, as its listed at the pivot pin.
Breakout force is same as curl even if it give it at the pivot pin. Many specs list all the forces at pivot pin when in actuality the weight is several inches in front of the pin and extending to the edge of the bucket so some portion of the lift is maybe 24" in front of the pin or farther depending on size of your bucket. Quoting force at pivot pin equalizes the calculation which it mostly is based on size of cylinder, operating hydraulic pressure and length of the lever point between where the bucket is attached (fulcrum) and where the cylinder is attached (distance between the points is the lever). Degree of tilt and rollback on the bucket will raise or lower the breakout force as it either increases the lever length or decreases it. Think of the equation as like the old see-saw where you can move the board to one side or the other to balance it for fat boys vs skinny boys or put more weight (pressure) on the lever on one side to lift the other. That is your lift.