Short Game MIA?

/ Short Game MIA? #1  

LittleBlueTractor

Gold Member
Tractor
LS S3010
Short Game used to be a pretty prolific poster in the LS forum. Noticed back in November that he hadn't posted in a while so I sent him a PM. Never heard back so I looked at his TBN profile today:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/short-game.html

No posts since June and no activity since October. Not trying to stalk the guy -- just wondering if anyone on TBN knows him personally. I've been mostly lurking on TBN for the last few months, so I understand he might just be taking a break from TBN like I did.

/ Short Game MIA? #2  
I noticed the same thing. Hope he is ok and just busy with other pursuits. Oh, welcome back littleblue.

/ Short Game MIA? #3  
I've been wondering about CRAWLEYBP as well. Haven't seen him post since around july. PM'd, no word.

/ Short Game MIA?
I noticed the same thing. Hope he is ok and just busy with other pursuits. Oh, welcome back littleblue.

Thanks, glad to be back -- things just got a little crazy for a while around here. Maybe something similar for Short Game and CRAWLEYBP. Haven't even seen my tractor since mid-November.

/ Short Game MIA? #5  
Well for me winter slows things down a bunch so its lots of TBN. Unlike our northern members who have snow to crunch, here its just wait and watch it melt when we get the occassional one. Too messy to get out in the dirt and I hate working in the cold. I only have my chickens and peafowl to feed once a day so 10 minutes and I am thru for the day.
Biggest event today was watching the Canadian geese fight for dominance. They put on a pretty good show in their pre-mating rituals. I always thought they mated for life but there are a couple of fights per day so they must be juvenile drakes fighting.

/ Short Game MIA?
Well for me winter slows things down a bunch so its lots of TBN. Unlike our northern members who have snow to crunch, here its just wait and watch it melt when we get the occassional one. Too messy to get out in the dirt and I hate working in the cold. I only have my chickens and peafowl to feed once a day so 10 minutes and I am thru for the day.
Biggest event today was watching the Canadian geese fight for dominance. They put on a pretty good show in their pre-mating rituals. I always thought they mated for life but there are a couple of fights per day so they must be juvenile drakes fighting.

Yeah, it's been unusually cold and rainy down in SE Texas this year. Guess I can't complain too much as spring-like weather normally hits us around mid-February. Good thing as I have an open station with a canopy. Never get to play with it out in the snow though....

/ Short Game MIA? #7  
Yep same here. I haven't had much seat time on my tractor since the holidays, either. Got up sunday thinking I'd go piddle around a bit, but it rained most of the day. Did manage to get in the shop and make up a bracket for my front end quick connects, though.

/ Short Game MIA? #8  
I just havent had the "up to it" to go out in the shop and piddle like I do in the warmer weather. I need to load up the Kubota B26 and return it to the shop to check the hydraulic relief pressure but havent felt like doing that either. Today warmed up pretty good for a change, so I took the RTV over and picked up a bunch of rocks and placed them in a washing area of the creek. Still to wet to do any tractor work. Maybe tomorrow if weather is nice I will load the B26 and take it for a ride.
I had a plumber come in this morning just before noon and replace 2 freeze proof outdoor faucets. It seems that written right on the handle "remove hoses for freeze protection" . We ran off for Christmas holidays and left hoses on all the faucet bibs and 2 out of 4 froze and busted the valve. $250 to replace them. That should be a good reminder for next year to remove the hoses from all the faucets for winter.

/ Short Game MIA? #9  
Ouch! I can't remember the last time it got down to freezing long enough to have to worry about faucets freezing!

/ Short Game MIA? #10  
Rumors of my demise were all exaggerations.

I'm still kicking, though kicking hurts a little more over time.

I got way into my mushroom log thing and drilled 15,000 spawn holes into over 200 logs last winter. I have decided that I would like to start a cooperative mushroom and permaculture farm. I logged onto a mushroom forum for a problem with ambrosia (powder post) beetles and began hanging out there for my forum ya-yas. I was getting into too much political talk over here and it wasn't allowed over there. I needed to be away from the hot buttons and the flaming in those threads. It wasn't helping me. That's most of the reason for the hiatus. I think I have learned to give up urinating into the wind, so to speak.

========================

So, on the tractor front:

I Just wanted to tell everyone that LS, and my dealer (AG-Bag), upgraded my smaller 2010 bucket cylinders to the larger 2011s. Kudos to them for that. It helped some. I think the geometry of the LS 4100 loader is still an issue, as it still doesn't come up to what I had with my little 27HP Cub Cadet, but in other categories, the LS 4010 is working out fine.

Some exciting news is, I found a replacement engine block for my 1996 Cub Cadet 7274. It just happened to be in a 2001 7300 with only 250 hours on it. I am about to convert its larger, more powerful loader to a quick attach and buy a grapple for it, and the LS, to share, as well as all the other front end gizmos. I have been moving the trick stuff from the old tractor to the newer one. I have the aftermarket hydraulic remotes switched over, as well as the foam loaded R4s for the calcium filled Ags (anyone interested in those? I will trade them for R4s or sell them). I switched the role bars too, as the old one has the toolbox, winch battery shelf, and roof on it. I suppose I will have to take some pictures for youz guyz too.

So there it is. I hope everyone here is doing okay and not sinking your machines in bad stuff.

I'm glad this place remembers my password, cuz I sure as heck don't.

Last edited: