My LS P7010C purchase story

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #31  
Mr. Gary Fowler & Mike1369,

Sounds like you probably have never been in the position to have to do Warranty Work on a Tractor from a dealers standpoint, "ALL" manufactures have their set times allowed for repairs and only pay you for the allotted time they deem required for the repair, many times it is not sufficient time to do the repairs in less than ideal conditions and as a dealer you are fortunate to break even on repairs AND Warranty's do not pay for pickup and delivery of the tractor or cleaning time, dealers eat that cost too. Gary, one dealers sin doesn't make all Dealers guilty, that's no way to go about doing business. Mike1369, as you already know nothings free, so getting the cheapest price and the best service would be ideal but a bit unrealistic. If you do have an issue I don't see the dealer all the way from Indiana driving down to pick up your tractor and fix it, so they can afford to sell at a cheaper price, they plan on never seeing the Tractor again! TractorTidy's got it right here. Mike1369 congratulations on your purchase, the P7010C has been a great tractor and should serve you well for a long time!

The issue is now mute however A Man's Word still means a lot out here and you did break it with the original dealer according to your post, you should have at least asked him to match the deal or get really close to it.
You sound like another dealer trying to justify your charges. I dont know of any dealers around here that EAT the cost of pickup and delivery or anything else not covered under warranty as most charge at least $200 for that service. I agree that warranty coverage doesnt pay the dealers normal rate, but he should still make money with warranty work by keeping his mechanics busy. HE shouldnt loose money if he has competent mechanics and proper shop tools and equipment. And if you send in your tractor for repair, warranty or otherwise and it has 6" of mud all over it, they will charge you to clean it off, none that I know of do anything for free anymore. You and TractorTidy keep throwing out the Less than Ideal conditions, what are you calling less than ideal conditions, heck if they dont have an enclosed shop with concrete floor and heat then they should modernize their shop. None of them try to fix anything in the field anymore and charge you the pickup and return fees or the owner has to "eat the cost" of transporting it himself which isnt reimbursed by dealer or warranty regardless of where you buy it.

You both have to be dealers to have the mentality that you do. Answer this for me, If I have a broken tractor and agree to install the parts myself rather than bring it in, do you charge the warranty for installation of the part, I would bet yes you do. Who's to know that you didnt install it.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #32  
You sound like another dealer trying to justify your charges. I dont know of any dealers around here that EAT the cost of pickup and delivery or anything else not covered under warranty as most charge at least $200 for that service. I agree that warranty coverage doesnt pay the dealers normal rate, but he should still make money with warranty work by keeping his mechanics busy. HE shouldnt loose money if he has competent mechanics and proper shop tools and equipment. And if you send in your tractor for repair, warranty or otherwise and it has 6" of mud all over it, they will charge you to clean it off, none that I know of do anything for free anymore. You and TractorTidy keep throwing out the Less than Ideal conditions, what are you calling less than ideal conditions, heck if they dont have an enclosed shop with concrete floor and heat then they should modernize their shop. None of them try to fix anything in the field anymore and charge you the pickup and return fees or the owner has to "eat the cost" of transporting it himself which isnt reimbursed by dealer or warranty regardless of where you buy it.

You both have to be dealers to have the mentality that you do. Answer this for me, If I have a broken tractor and agree to install the parts myself rather than bring it in, do you charge the warranty for installation of the part, I would bet yes you do. Who's to know that you didnt install it.

I have also been told when getin warrenty work on my tractor that on tractor company will cover the replacement of any fluids, being oil, antifreeze, grease, or gear lube and that is charged to the customer.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story
Well after much ordeal and 2 week wait, my baby is home. Already put 2 hours on her and tucked her in to bed.
Long day tomorrow, need to figure out what half those buttons and levers do...lol
Also need to find a happy medium for speed for doing choir work. Kept fidgeting with gears and speeds. Hopefully with a good 6 hr of seat time tomorrow I can figure it out... To bad the weather is going to be in the 70's because I wanted to try out that dam a/c....
Here is a picture of her in bed... More to follow...
Again special thanks to Steve at TriCounty tractors and for everyone's input..

image-2146848378.jpg

Haven't been this excited since my first trip to a gentleman's club....lmao

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #34  
All that and we get one measly picture????

:dance1:

It was either take pictures or play with the new toy... You can tell which one won... More tomorrow, going to bed to wake up super early to go to WORK...lol

Well after 2 solid days of working on the farm I'm happy to say that I only took out 1 palm tree and a 6' sprinkler. No more damage after that. I will say that I have never been happier with any purchase I've ever done.... This is from a jeep fanatic that owned 12 jeeps at one time.
I love the AC and the radio jams, and the power puts our old Kubota to shame.

I did notice that I might have bought 1 size too large of tractor. I have a few rows where the palm trees have grown so big I can't get my baby in there. Once those are sold, life should be grand.

Can't wait for next week for more seat time.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #37  
Well after 2 solid days of working on the farm I'm happy to say that I only took out 1 palm tree and a 6' sprinkler. No more damage after that. I will say that I have never been happier with any purchase I've ever done.... This is from a jeep fanatic that owned 12 jeeps at one time.
I love the AC and the radio jams, and the power puts our old Kubota to shame.

I did notice that I might have bought 1 size too large of tractor. I have a few rows where the palm trees have grown so big I can't get my baby in there. Once those are sold, life should be grand.

Can't wait for next week for more seat time.
Most TBN folks dont think you can get too big, but as you see, there are instances where little is better. I like working my P7010 but many instances my little Kubota B26 is just the right size for the job. The B26 wouldnt even lift my disc or bushhog I dont think, at least I wouldnt even try with the size of those lift arms but for light dirtwork and getting into tight spots it is the best and the HST makes it fast to operate when I have a lot of forward and reversing.
Mike: you didnt tell us what you were doing with the 7010 that tired you out so much. Now that you are back at work and resting, whats the scoop. Next time take the wife and camera for some action shots.

Most of the work has been clearing out 3 years of neglect and trash. Haven't really gotten into the heavy lifting but clearing out has been a breeze.
Family going this coming weekend so I'm hopping for some action shots.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #39  
I think you will be happy with your 7010. I bought one last fall and very happy with it. Working good up here in the cold country. Lots of snow to move around. One thing you don't have to worry about. I have loaded the rear tires and studded the front ones. You probably don't have to worry about the studs but will need to load the rear tires. The tractor is light in the back end if you load up the bucket with heavy material. Anyway best of luck, you will have fun with your new tractor.

LS7010 Blower.jpg

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #40  
Ralph could nt help but notice beautiful tractor cab mounted safety light and mirrors ! :thumbsup:

Boone