My LS P7010C purchase story

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #1  

Mike1369

Silver Member
Tractor
Baddest LS P7010C south of Palm Beach County
As some of you may know, I don't know my butt from a tractor but if you break a bone, I can fix it with my eyes closed.

After reading maybe half of all post on these forums, I chose the LS tractor because of the reviews I read and felt I was getting the most bang for the buck with these tractors.

The story starts about 5 weeks ago when my father in law decided we was not capable of taking care of the 10 acre Palm Farm and opted to give me the responsibly to run and maintain it. Shortly after arriving at the farm for the first time in about 8 years I noticed that this was not a gift of love but more of a punishment for marring his beautiful daughter.... The weeds where over 10 feet tall, all pumps where frozen or no operable and the best was the 4 tractors that he left behind for me to use on the recovery of this farm. Spent one weekend just trying to move the kubota to an area where I could maybe get the tow truck in to take it for service, that weekend we traveled a total of 27' and got nothing accomplished, the frustration is beginning. The following weekend I spent 2 days jump starting the Ford to use to pull the kubota, got another 10' before I just gave up on all of his machinery and opted to buy new stuff to get this done right.

Here is where my story begins, after calling several dealers, none close to me, I spoke with a dealer in Labelle florida. He told me that he could beat anyones price and offer the attention and service that no out of town company would give me. I am a strong believer in customer service and opted to go his way. Since I didn't get as much as I wanted for my 4 used tractors, I figured I would go with the 5030C and deal with the bigger trees at another time. Once I got to his dealer ship that I drove the 5030 around and picked up tree trunks, loads of dirt and a few tractors, I just didn't feel satisfied with what I was getting but for the price he was offering I figured it was a good deal. We did all the paperwork and I was driving to the bank to get the down payment I got a call from Steve up in indian at Tri-County tractors. He asked me if I had already done the purchase and I told him I was in process but wasn't sure I would pull the trigger. Thats when he made me the offer I couldn't refuse. The P7010C for $3000 more than what I was going to pay for the 5030 and that included delivery to the farm. I called the parole officer (wife) told her that this was something we could not let go, she gave me the approval with an added 2 years to my probation...:laughing:
When I went back to the dealer to let him know that I had changed my mind and had gotten a better offer I though he was going to have a stroke right there. How can you go with a company out of state, what kind of service and customer attention can they give you, then he started ranting that the grey market was destroying the nation and the industry.... I slowly walked away and he crawled in to the corner of his office in fetal position and thumb in mouth mumbling...its not fair....:confused2:

I am glad that Steve called me, he promised me everything the other dealer did, and if all things go well, I should be signing the papers on friday and hopefully my 7010 will arrive right around my birthday.

Even though I have not driven the 7010 it has to be much better than the 5030, not that the 5030 was junk by no means. For me I didn't think it was really going to do the 90% of the work I needed on the farm. If the 7010 is anything like I hope it will be, i will be the happiest farmer in miami, fl.

Will post pictures once my baby arrives.... to all of you at TBN, thank you for all your posts and knowledge in the industry. Without TBN the choice to buy a tractor would have been a blind shot in the dark.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #2  
Good luck !!

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #3  
Mike - did I read right, and you are going with a dealer out of Indiana named Tri-County? Can you provide me with info on them?

/ My LS P7010C purchase story
PM sent

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #5  
Mike - did I read right, and you are going with a dealer out of Indiana named Tri-County? Can you provide me with info on them?
Hi mangus580 , just noticed your from WNY AREA. Me too , just wanted to say HI !!! And Happy New Year !!

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #6  
keep us updated on the new tractor

Well I sign papers tomorrow. Hopefully it will be here by next Saturday for my birthday.... You hear that Steve... Start washing that baby...lol

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #8  
That's a big birthday gift.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #9  
Hey here it is Sunday and no photos. What gives?

LMAO....
Well if it wasn't for the owner of the tractor place where I was going to originally buy the tractor from not call the bank where I was going to get 3.75% and make a huge issue then the paperwork would have been ready... But now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to sign the papers at a higher interest rate, which doesn't make me happy with that a-hole. If I knew he was going to be such a prick about everything I never would have called that dealer.

Good thing the tractor didn't show up anyways... I was in the hospital for throwing out my back and rib muscles... Breathing hasn't been fun.. But the meds sure have. Lol
Hopefully everything gets done early in the week and I can spend my birthday driving it around the farm.

Promise full detail and pictures to follow.