My new LS P7010 C

/ My new LS P7010 C #1  

aggies9798

Tractor
LS P7010, Ford 3000 w/ 5' bush hog, 5' disk
Happy New Year All. Well I was considering the 7030C, but I opted for the 7010C. Price was a little better and I was happy with out the turbo on the larger models. Anyway I have 7.8 hrs on her now, mostly bush hogging and some stump removal with the FEL. So far I am very happy with the LS and I think I made a good choice. I did look at Kubota and JD also, but the LS seemed to beat both in every factor I was looking at. She is a little dirty, but here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 600
  • IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 847
   / My new LS P7010 C #2  
Big Congrats ! Looks great. Way to "cowboy up" would'nt wanna get dusty or heat stroke in summer in that comfy cab ! :D
Once again very nice tractor ! :thumbsup: Keep us posted as you add larger attachments for it. Play safe and run the rattlers over.

Boone

/ My new LS P7010 C #4  
I sent this PM to Aggies9798 but wondered if any other P7010 owners might have answer to this

I have had my 7010 2 years and havent had to use the PTO but a couple times and each time the shaft starts turning as soon as the electric switch is pulled so I just thought it was like my BIL NH that it is either on or off.

I got out the manual today and was reading that with the PTO selector in Auto that it should stop when you push the clutch and it should stop if the hydraulic is raised past a certain point. I put the selector in Auto mode and it kept turning. I put it in Manual mode and it still turned which is is suppose to do. It only stopped when I 1) pressed the PTO switch in 2) when I shifted the speed selector to neutral.
The lift had a disc on it and hydraulic was fully raised so according to the book in auto it should not turn with the lift raised either.
Please let me know if yours works as per manual instructions. I may have to consult with the dealer on this issue. A shame that I hadnt noticed this in 2 years but due to drought I have had to use the bushhog more than an hour total.

/ My new LS P7010 C #5  
I just now thought that maybe the clutch wasnt disengaged far enough with the storage hook to disengage the PTO, but without an observer that was the only way I could do it.

/ My new LS P7010 C #7  
very nice tractor! And welcome.
From your pics, hope you've had some rain since then.

/ My new LS P7010 C
Gary, I will check it out. I am pretty sure in the manual mode with the clutch down the PTO stopped. But now that you asked about it and lifting the 3 point I will have to check it out. I will let you know what I find, but it may be a couple of days. Russ

/ My new LS P7010 C
Daugen, thanks.....as for the rain we sure need lots. We are still in a drought and my rain guage has only picked up 1/2" in the last 2 months.

/ My new LS P7010 C #10  
Happy New Year All. Well I was considering the 7030C, but I opted for the 7010C. Price was a little better and I was happy with out the turbo on the larger models. Anyway I have 7.8 hrs on her now, mostly bush hogging and some stump removal with the FEL. So far I am very happy with the LS and I think I made a good choice. I did look at Kubota and JD also, but the LS seemed to beat both in every factor I was looking at. She is a little dirty, but here are some pics.
So what is the going price of the P7010C now. I bought mine without any haggling in Oct 2010. I didnt have the time to go back and forth to the dealer for weeks as I was working out of the country and only home for 19 days every 56. I spent a week going to all brands dealers in the 100 mile radius. LS was actually the first (Houston Tx. when looking for a Kioti dealer) and the last (Sheridan Ark.) dealer I checked. They, 2 different dealers, offerred it for $35,500 out the door which sounded like a bargain compared to all the other 48-50 HP tractors I had priced. After looking at the rest, I decided that LS was the best.
I am glad to see a fellow 7010 owner. Not many of us here on TBN.