R4041/4047 cover

/ R4041/4047 cover #1  

GManBart

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 241, Kubota SVL90-2
Until I get my outbuilding up, the new LS will have to spend some time outside, so I ordered a cover for it from covermytractor.com. It seems to fit well, is made of quality material, and was reasonably priced (roughly $400 delivered). Here's a quick pic:

8123036F-8EFB-489B-80D4-5CDA021D77CA-29997-00002C1484A73EA6.jpg

/ R4041/4047 cover #2  
Interesting - although, at that price, why not use on of the Shelter Logic 'garage in a box' from like BJ's or TSC?

/ R4041/4047 cover
Interesting - although, at that price, why not use on of the Shelter Logic 'garage in a box' from like BJ's or TSC?

I started out thinking of the shelters, but decided against one, for several reasons. One, all of them around here are shredded....combination of snow and wind, I think. Two, I have to travel a bit for work, and don't want my wife to have to try clearing snow off the shelter if we get a heavy storm. Three, it would look awful anywhere logical I can put it right now. Four, I can use the cover on the tractor inside the barn once it's up....just keep it a little cleaner. Lastly, I'm lazy, and didn't feel like putting up a shelter when I have so many other more pressing things to do on the new property. Never discount the lazy factor! :)

/ R4041/4047 cover #4  
Ok - was just asking, as I have one out here thats a couple years old now, holding up nicely. Similar climate. The round tops shed snow nicely...

Was just curious!

/ R4041/4047 cover
Ok - was just asking, as I have one out here thats a couple years old now, holding up nicely. Similar climate. The round tops shed snow nicely...

Was just curious!

No worries. I know the rounded models do better with snow, but we seem to get a lot of crazy wind here....probably because we're between to Great Lakes, and that may be why they all look ratty around here. Then again, they may just be super old!

/ R4041/4047 cover #6  
We dont even want to talk about WIND today!! its insane. FYI, I am only about 2 miles or so south of lake Ontario....

/ R4041/4047 cover #7  
You better get off your lazy butt (hey you said it first)and get that shed built before the rodents find your little covered tractor and decide to eat all the wires off. I dont like covers like that at all, it attracts all kinds of critters. One guy had a honey bee hive establish under his BBQ grill that was covered. Rodents like them, wasp like them, sparrows and wrens like them also. You will be much happier with it in an enclosed shed. Bite the bullet and get it done and your tractor will love you for it, even if your budget doesnt. I think your wife will like it too if she has to to the snow plowing while you are gone. Much easier to open a garage door or roll up door than remove that snow covered tarp then reinstall.

/ R4041/4047 cover #8  
Nice cover! I would check periodically for rodents. Maybe set some traps on the floorboard before covering tractor. Mice are a problem in sheds too.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ R4041/4047 cover
You better get off your lazy butt (hey you said it first)and get that shed built before the rodents find your little covered tractor and decide to eat all the wires off. I dont like covers like that at all, it attracts all kinds of critters. One guy had a honey bee hive establish under his BBQ grill that was covered. Rodents like them, wasp like them, sparrows and wrens like them also. You will be much happier with it in an enclosed shed. Bite the bullet and get it done and your tractor will love you for it, even if your budget doesnt. I think your wife will like it too if she has to to the snow plowing while you are gone. Much easier to open a garage door or roll up door than remove that snow covered tarp then reinstall.

Oh, it'll be in much more than a shed before long! We're demolishing the house next door, and putting up something like a 40x64' outbuilding with radiant heat, bathroom (using existing water and septic), 3-phase power, etc in it's place. I'm lazy, but unfortunately, I only get to be lazy about a few things.....spent about 16hrs clearing garbage and old structures from the new property this weekend, and half of was was with my neighbor running his machine as well. Snow removal is luckily done with the plow on my truck, so she won't have to mess with the tractor. Had a nice burn pile:

C9A4C36B-3D8E-48B8-A5B1-2DBF694D6CEE-29997-00002C148A112636.jpg

/ R4041/4047 cover
Nice cover! I would check periodically for rodents. Maybe set some traps on the floorboard before covering tractor. Mice are a problem in sheds too.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Good point, but I fear it won't sit still long enough for rodents to find a home! We adopted the departing idiot neighbors outside cat, and he's a pretty good mouser. I built him a shelter so he doesn't have to live under the porch any more (we put food out for him too), and he lives just feet from where the tractor is usually parked (along with my trailer, and other tractor)...that was partially why I picked that spot! I figure he'll probably adopt our outbuilding when it's finished :)