Help, how to remove belly/mid mount mower

/ Help, how to remove belly/mid mount mower #1  

Kenn1320

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS2030H
Im about 90% done with removing the mower, but didnt get a manual and have no idea how to remove the pto shaft. I see a bolt on the deck end, is it as simple as removing that and the shaft comes out? That would leave the shaft on the tractor, guessing that isnt correct. I dont see one of those "quick connects" that Im used to see on say a bushhog input shaft.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Ken

/ Help, how to remove belly/mid mount mower
Figured it out and its not by removing that bolt(although I did remove it and the shaft wouldnt come off the mower). The collar on the rear of the shaft has to be slid towards the front and the shaft comes right off the tractor.

/ Help, how to remove belly/mid mount mower #3  
Kenn, it would help if we knew what tractor you were trying to remove the mower from ;-)

My bad, figured all the LS mid pto shafts would be the same. My tractor is the LS2030 model.

/ Help, how to remove belly/mid mount mower #5  
Some have collars like you found on yours and some have pins. My bushhog has a collar that I forget which way to move it to unhook it . The collar will slide the the rear and to the front and if darned sure wont move if pulling the collar the wrong way. I think you have to push it toward the end to release the little ball bearings in the collar so it will go on. Nice when putting it on as you just push on the collar and slide it on, but a real bear to try to push forward on the collar while pulling back on the shaft. PP design if you ask me. I would much rather have the little push pins or if a collar, why not make it a twist to release.

Some have collars like you found on yours and some have pins. My bushhog has a collar that I forget which way to move it to unhook it . The collar will slide the the rear and to the front and if darned sure wont move if pulling the collar the wrong way. I think you have to push it toward the end to release the little ball bearings in the collar so it will go on. Nice when putting it on as you just push on the collar and slide it on, but a real bear to try to push forward on the collar while pulling back on the shaft. PP design if you ask me. I would much rather have the little push pins or if a collar, why not make it a twist to release.

Im used to the push pin, but admittedly when your reaching under the tractor, having the pin in a position to push on it can be a challenge. I really like the colar style, now that I figured out how it works. I havent tried putting it back on, but I think it will work just fine.