Hood latch

/ Hood latch
Ok worked on hood latch for like 30 min, tried everything with no avail. We try Steve on Monday.

/ Hood latch #22  
You must have a defective latch then. Will dealer come out an install or just give you the new latch OR will you have to haul it to his shop?

/ Hood latch
I hope I don't have to take it to the dealer... He's 600 miles away...lol

I will call Steve to see my options... Latch is only 4 screws.. I can do that easily.

/ Hood latch #24  
Is there any linkage adjustment on the hood release cable. I didn't have any issues other than adjustment of the U hook but perhaps that is what is happening. The cable might be to short and actually pulling the release.

/ Hood latch
Nope, cable is fine.
Really not 100% sure what's going on.

Will keep everyone posted

/ Hood latch #26  
Post some pics if you can of the hook and attachment on the bottom of the hood, the latch and attachment inside the motor compartment, and where the 2 meet - if you can get the camera in there close enough. Make sure the entire motor surround is all the way seated - down and back, if removable, as if it's mounted to high or forward the hood will never line up.

/ Hood latch
Took some pictures today. I think the pin is set way to back and is only catching the front of the pin on latch. Going to buy some washers to move forward.

image-718618976.jpg

image-629010318.jpg

/ Hood latch #28  
It has been over 2 years since I had to adjust mine and cant really remember what I did other than I remember it wasn't engaging far enough. IT would hold till I put pressure on the FEL and then it would pop open. I haven't really paid a lot of attention since then

/ Hood latch #29  
By the grease mark on the pin it almost looks like you may need to remove one washer to push it more forward to catch more pin in the latch. Try to keep the lock washer and lose the bigger fender washer if there's enough shoulder on the pin to hold it in the mount. Can you maybe take another pic of the pin down close to the latch, ie the hood almost closed to show how the two should mate (just enough room to fit your camera)?

/ Hood latch #30  
Another thing you might try is the latch. It may be stuck in the closed position so it will never close around the pin.
By your picture try to push the 2 ears(above the bracket) opposite of eachother until they click and stay - this may take a little force.
There's only a few things it could be, I'm sure almost anyone, mechanicallly inclined, you know may be able to easily fix it for you.
Hate the idea of 600mi trip back to dealer. Very minor prob though, could be much worse. Good luck and let us know the outcome. KW