LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #91  
I hate to say this but the best money I ever spent was for a backhoe rental (and experienced operator) to clear out a number of stumps for me - yes in the end it cost me $600.00 but they are all gone and got alot of land levelled as well. To me there are things that a compact should do and then there are other things ... :)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #92  
Thanks Mangus, I guess I'm talking more about ruts in the ground than with traction.

You guys with the 39, in regards to using a stump bucket, talk to me about digging out stumps. How capable is the loader strength when ripping out roots and stumps. Keep in mind, I have a ton of stumps, more than half of them are medium sized and larger. The 40 series has roughly 4300 pounds of breakout force, compared with I think 3400 with the 30 series. Whichever ones are too big to take out, I will grind them down with a 3-point grinder.

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

Okay, I don't know if you've seen my other threads in regards to my stump bucket and grapple, but I'll tell you that they both work great with this tractor. Now, that being said, if you've got a bunch of really big stumps, rent a backhoe! See my thread "up to my neck in stumps".
I've dug down a good five foot with my stump bucket, and this one still doesn't want to budge. I've dug out a number of 6' long 16" diameter pine stumps with it, and I can pop out a 6" oak sapling with a stab or two.
With a grapple I can grab and move piles the size of a car.
But if you have a large amount of large stumps, and want them out quick, hire an excavator. The 40 or 50 series, aren't up to this chore.
Randy

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #93  
Randy - I should have mentioned that time was important to me in my case because of other work I was getting done - it took the backhoe a day and a half to remove two dozen "manitoba" maple stumps which ranged in diameter from 18inches to 3ft. I'd still be there. :)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Okay, I don't know if you've seen my other threads in regards to my stump bucket and grapple, but I'll tell you that they both work great with this tractor. Now, that being said, if you've got a bunch of really big stumps, rent a backhoe! See my thread "up to my neck in stumps".
I've dug down a good five foot with my stump bucket, and this one still doesn't want to budge. I've dug out a number of 6' long 16" diameter pine stumps with it, and I can pop out a 6" oak sapling with a stab or two.
With a grapple I can grab and move piles the size of a car.
But if you have a large amount of large stumps, and want them out quick, hire an excavator. The 40 or 50 series, aren't up to this chore.
Randy

Amen to renting a Backhoe or Excavator.... Was planning to do that anyhow, as some of my stumps are over 30".

I'm just hoping that, over the summer, I can get the majority of my stumps out with a stump bucket, so that when the time comes that I rent a big one, I'll only have the "necessary" stumps remaining.

I'd love a grapple too, but those aren't cheap!

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #95  
Amen to renting a Backhoe or Excavator.... Was planning to do that anyhow, as some of my stumps are over 30".

I'm just hoping that, over the summer, I can get the majority of my stumps out with a stump bucket, so that when the time comes that I rent a big one, I'll only have the "necessary" stumps remaining.

Any stump you can remove with a 3039 or 4047 would be a one bucket scoop with a large excavator so it might be better time spent working on something else with they tractor. $500 will buy you over 5 hours of excavator time and lots of stump and trees will come down in 5 hours. My vote would be let the excavator do all the stump and tree removal. If you need to hire one anyway, there will be a minimum charge of 5 hours (usual set up fee for dozers, excavators etc) and that might be all you need to take care of all your items.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #96  

Any stump you can remove with a 3039 or 4047 would be a one bucket scoop with a large excavator so it might be better time spent working on something else with they tractor. $500 will buy you over 5 hours of excavator time and lots of stump and trees will come down in 5 hours. My vote would be let the excavator do all the stump and tree removal. If you need to hire one anyway, there will be a minimum charge of 5 hours (usual set up fee for dozers, excavators etc) and that might be all you need to take care of all your items.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #97  
Yes , but will they negotiate the hill in front of Carl's house ?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Yes , but will they negotiate the hill in front of Carl's house ?

?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #99  
?

???????
WTF. What hill and which Carl and what couldn't negotiate a hill?