LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #21  
I have had my R3039 for 1.5 yrs and three hundred hrs. on it. I've had one warranty issue with the starter. The dealer had it sent directly from the factory. the factory asked for the old one back and paid for the shipping. I concur with the other members. LS is out to make a better product. I am toying with the idea of getting a cab model LS and start a snow removal service.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #22  
I am very pleased with mine I have the 3010 no longer being made because of the G series(to bad :( ) I did load the tires made things very stable. Use mine for logging snow removal dirt hauling etc... Great little machine and perfect for what I do. I have never had an issue with cold starts/running I did install an inline heater and also use a small board to cover some of the radiator during the cold months. I would definately buy another LS in a heart beat, but I doubt I'll need to, this one seems tough and well built. I do need to fabricate a winter cab, allways fun getting a face full of snow when it's below zero while using the snowblower :D

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #23  
What's the hood problem?

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
It looks like the hood latches on the 7010 arent adjusted properly from the factory and will occassionally pop open when running. They just require loosening the adjustment bolts to let the U latch in the hood set lower so it fully closes. Takes about 5 minutes to fix.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #24  
I'm glad I found this site! There is a LS dealer near me that I had never heard of. I was going to purchase a New Holland Boomer but now I'm torn as to what I should do. I was going to purchase the Boomer 50 which I believe is the same as LS's 4047 model. Anyone ever hear of Tri-County Tractor? The New Holland dealer is trying to scare me about service and support issues down the road.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #25  
I'm glad I found this site! There is a LS dealer near me that I had never heard of. I was going to purchase a New Holland Boomer but now I'm torn as to what I should do. I was going to purchase the Boomer 50 which I believe is the same as LS's 4047 model. Anyone ever hear of Tri-County Tractor? The New Holland dealer is trying to scare me about service and support issues down the road.
Buy the LS if the deal is right which I am sure it will be cheaper than the equivalent badged NH or other brand made by LS. As example, many times the diffference between the two will be that the LS has more standard options than the NH or CaseIH badged tractor for less money. Lots of times in their agreement, the badging company ie NH may specify that only one remote hydraulic outlet or none be installed where the LS sold unit may have standard 1, 2 or 3. The dealers then charge $500 or more per outlet to field install compared to at most $100 for factory to put it in at time of build.
Service and support will be just as good or better than New Holland. LS has committed to the tractor market by building a huge manufacturing facility for these tractors and dealer support is growing exponentially for these tractors.
UNLIKE NH, JD, MF, CaseIH and a few others who farm out the production of some if not all of their small tractors to companies like Yanmar, LS, Isekei,Shibaura ?spelling, etc and in a few years switch to a different manufacturer whereby some of their tractors automatically become extinct.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #26  
Gary, as a footnote, you might be interested to know, I sent a "contact us" email to LS Tractor in regards to updating their website. I actually got a response back from a Kim Heuy, stating that they have some new marketing updates in the works. I was surprised to get the email. Hopefully, the website will get a much needed facelift!
Randy

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #27  

The Boomer 50 is the same as the LS R4047 other than the headlights, grill insert, and paint/decals. As far as service and support, what the NH dealer is saying is actually pretty dumb. If those were concerns, why would NH be selling LS tractors? If you walk into a NH dealer, and order a part for a Boomer 50, it would work just fine on an R4047, and the Mitsubishi engine is used in a lot of other machines, so parts should be available virtually forever. I just took delivery of an R4047H, and it's been very impressive in he first week, and 17hrs. I posted a thread about it in this section, and had an earlier LS Vs Kioti thread in the main buying section that talks about many of the selling points.

I'm even happier after reading about the handful of service issues mentioned here. Any company that pays to ship defective parts back for examination is on the right track. Coming from their Hyundai heritage, it's easy to see why both companies have experienced such rapid growth.

As far as price....I think LS is selling at a minimum profit until they gain enough market share....essentially, parent LG has pockets deep enough that they can sustain even reasonable losses to carve out their portion if the market from the competition. I expect to see gradual price increases over the next few years....just a guess.

Last edited:
   / LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #28  
If you're interested....couple of pics.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/268533-new-r4047h.html

The comparison thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/267170-kioti-dk40se-hst-c-versus.html

First burn pile it put together (chicken coop roof was part of it):

C9A4C36B-3D8E-48B8-A5B1-2DBF694D6CEE-29997-00002C148A112636.jpg

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #29  

Steve from TriCounty sold me mine, and I'm down in miami fl. Tell him I referred you, my youngest daughter wants an LS hat and mug like her dad...lol

Steve awesome and more than fair.

Keep us posted and don't forget to tell him about me... ;-)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #30  
I have bought several accessories from a NH dealership for my R4041. The best part is.. the items aren't available through LS. I bought a rear mounted toolbox kit and a rops lighting kit for a Boomer 40 from NH. I even told him it was for an LS.. he didn't seem to mind. Both fit like a champ.