LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #31  
rear mounted toolbox kit.... I want one... What did it cost.. Item # please

I keep seeing ROPS... What is that

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #32  
rear mounted toolbox kit.... I want one... What did it cost.. Item # please

I keep seeing ROPS... What is that

Roll Over Protection Structure

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #33  
I'm a ******... I remember reading it in the owners manual.
Thanks anyways.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #34  
   / LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Thanks for the input fellas. I'm heading to the dealer on Saturday, that way I'll be able to sit on the Kioti & LS models side-by-side and get a feel for them. Just like GManBart found, the Kioti loader can lift 261 pounds more than the LS loader, and can lift it about 12" higher... BUT the LS loader has about 600 Pounds more of Breakout Force. The Kioti's are about 100 pounds heavier (negligible) and 8" wider; length is about the same, wheelbase is about 5" longer on the Kioti's.

I'm sure it'll all come down to how it feels in the seat tomorrow, and what the final dollar ends up at. I think they are nearly identical in terms of capabilities, quality, size, etc... but that blue sure is purty....

Please continue with anything else that might be helpful tho. Who's got the most trouble-free hours on an LS right now?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #36  
i broke the knuckle that the hyd steering cylinder hooks to. like what others have experienced it was replaced with a much beefier updated part.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #37  
Well my LS is green but it's still an LS. It is a 2009 model R50 LS (R4020 or R4047) and I couldn't be happier with it. The only problem I have had is a bad seal where the front drive shaft leaves the transmission, as a matter of fact it is being fixed right now because the warranty runs out in March.
Just in case you would be interested I had heard that the 4047 (probably the 4010 also) would be avalable with a cab this year. Not sure if that would interest you but if it does you could ask.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #38  
My only gripe is the fact that LS doesn't offer accessories like the toolbox, rops lights, block heater etc. That why I bought them from the NH dealer. I would much rather spend the money with an LS dealer. I did see a Boomer 40 there. It was really stripped down as far as the extras you get standard with the LS. All the little extras that come standard on the LS are options on the Boomer. And yes.. if I had it all to do over again.. I would not change a thing. LS all the way..

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #39  
Gary, as a footnote, you might be interested to know, I sent a "contact us" email to LS Tractor in regards to updating their website. I actually got a response back from a Kim Heuy, stating that they have some new marketing updates in the works. I was surprised to get the email. Hopefully, the website will get a much needed facelift!
Randy
See< I told you they were listening to the complaints. I see this in their continual improvement of the product. Likely much of the design is copied from NH since they originally had the limited partnership many years ago but they are improving on it as they find weakness and fault. Unlike some other companies who I wont mention by name but their initials are MF. They had a good engine (Perkins )but instead of staying with it, they went to a 1950 technology Chinese copy for their CUTs about 5-6 years ago. Good business for profit sense but not too good for the consumer.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Well OK... saw a dealer today in Mich that sells both Kioti AND LS tractors. I spent almost an hour going back & forth on the R4047(H) and DK50SE(H). They are both great machines. Here are some of my objective observations between the two:

ENGINE: The LS "Mitsubishi" engine seemed WAY more smooth and refined, was more responsive to throttle adjustments than the Kioti (Daedong) engine. The LS was also much more quiet.
HST - TRAVELING: The LS seemed more smooth, better HST.
3-PT and REAR: Not much to say here, splitting hairs really. LS has the dual remotes, BUT Kioti has the rear lift-control. I also like the 3-pt linkage "adjustment" bar better on the Kioti, which is a "Crank" vs the "turn" style on the LS.
TIRES: LS has the wider R-4 tires, and what seems to be larger front tires.
LOADER: LS had a smoother and more responsive loader response, and the hydraulics seemed smoother. Visibility was better on the LS, due to the taller (and possibly narrower?) loader arms on the Kioti.
CABIN-AREA: Definitely more roomy on the Kioti. If the seat on the LS would go backward another 2 or 3 notches, it would be much better. But, it feels more cramped than the Kioti. The Tilt-Column on the Kioti has a much better design; the lever is actually (left) foot activated, just press it (easily) and it unlocks the column. Much better than the LS, which I found pretty stiff and more involved. The F/R Hydro pedals on the LS seemed too close to the operator, which again could be fixed with more backward seat movement. However, because the gas-tank is behind the seat, this probably isn't possible. Then again, putting the tank there makes the forward/down visibility better. I was not a fan of the gear/speed-shifter position on the LS. It felt like the loader control arm should be where the gear-shifter is. Looking at it, I can probably easily shorten the height of that shifter by cutting it down and relocating the knob about 8-10" lower. The Loader Control knob on the LS also feels like it's too far to the right. Looking at it, I may be able to adjust the bracket and move it closer to where the gear-shifter knob is/was. The Kioti has push-button 4x4, LS has a lever. Who cares either way. Everything else about the cabin is pretty much subjective to each person, so those are just my observations. Getting on & off the Kioti was definitely easier though, because of the more open spaced design. Seats were too close to call.
FIT-&-FINISH: I did not notice any differences in apparent quality between the two. If anything, the LS felt a little more "fresh" than the Kioti; the Kioti felt a bit more utilitarian and industrial.
OVERALL: Overall I am leaning heavily toward the LS. I think I can adjust some of the cabin issues, and the loader & engine response seemed like a real winner. The LS is also cheaper, plus it's blue :dance1:

Dealer quoted me the following:

LS R4041H: $20,400
LS R4047H: $21,750

Kioti DK40SEH: $21,700
Kioti DK50SEH: $24,600

Question: Is the jump from 41HP to 47HP worth $1350 ??? I'm thinking yes, since "hopefully" this tractor will be around for a long, long time.

Oh, and a couple comparison pics: :D

2013-01-26_13-02-59_906.jpg

2013-01-26_13-03-07_318.jpg

2013-01-26_13-03-17_285.jpg

2013-01-26_13-03-32_403.jpg

2013-01-26_13-03-40_595.jpg

2013-01-26_13-03-49_828.jpg