LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #51  
With respect to the extra HP.. As I have stated before, the, R4041 and R 4047 is the same tractor with 2 exceptions. 47 has larger tires and it has the injectors turned up to get the extra 6 HP out of the motor. Both tractors share same motor, frame, hydraulics, electrics, sheet metal. A lot of dealers order the 41 with 47 tires. You can tell by looking at the space between the top of tire and the fender.

I considered going with the 41 and having someone turn up the injectors, but figured after paying for the larger tires and paying someone to tweak the injectors, the price difference wasn't great, and there's always the question of warranty issues down the road. I know it wouldn't make any sense, but if you really get into a fight with a dealer over an engine issue, you could lose based upon a non-factory alteration. It doesn't matter if it's the same as what they do, it's that they didn't do it...and that would likely hold up in court. Now, if the dealer made that suggestion, and would put it on paper, I'd be fine with it.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Are there worries that the same engine, tuned for higher output, will sacrifice longevity?

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #53  
I have an LS R3039, that I am very happy with.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #54  
Gary, I became disabled and could not climb on my large Kubota so I bought a small LS 4x4 that I could do most chores with. It is about as smooth as any tractor I have been on! I was impressed when I pulled a full sized pickup and long trailer stuck up to the axles out of my field like it was not there! I also pulled my 70hp Kubota onto the dealer's inclined trailer when it broke their winch! Will I buy another? YES!! I have a sister who lives in the Metropolis of Bismarck Ark.

Which LS tractor do you have?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #55  
I am Very happy with my LS. my only complaint is with the bucket rollback being on the weak side when in the 75% to fully dumped position.I believe it's more of a linkage geometry problem.With filled rear tires and a 600lb grapple on , it's amazing what you can do !!!

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #56  
So far, no one seems to have bought a lemon, the manufacturer seems responsive and caring, and the overall satisfaction level is high,
and this is for a "budget" priced tractor. All I can say is very impressive LS. No local dealers for me, so they were off my radar.
My 26 year old CaseIH has a Mitsubishi engine also, which is surprisingly quiet and very, very smooth. Just sort of hums along.
Seems Mitsu has been building smooth diesels for some time now.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #57  
Gary, I became disabled and could not climb on my large Kubota so I bought a small LS 4x4 that I could do most chores with. It is about as smooth as any tractor I have been on! I was impressed when I pulled a full sized pickup and long trailer stuck up to the axles out of my field like it was not there! I also pulled my 70hp Kubota onto the dealer's inclined trailer when it broke their winch! Will I buy another? YES!! I have a sister who lives in the Metropolis of Bismarck Ark.
I know what you mean, my brother in law has trouble mounting my LS due to the height what with the operator platform being right at armpit level and 3 steps to get there. He had a knee replacement done and just can manage to get on the tractor but it takes him a bit AND its gear so he doesn't like doing the clutch and shift thing either. Right now I could do most of my work with my B26 TLB but it would take longer. Every now and then, I dig up a rock that is too large to handle with the Kubota so the LS comes in handy for that. I could sell the LS and all the 50+ HP sized equipment and get smaller and do the job now, but its nice to get on the big boy now and then to get the heavy stuff done fast and it has the cab for comfort.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #58  
Are there worries that the same engine, tuned for higher output, will sacrifice longevity?

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

That wouldn't concern me in this instance. The LS engine is 2.5L versus the Kioti's 2.0L, so it already has a slight advantage in durability (assuming equal quality, of course). The larger the displacement, the lower the compression ratio or RPM you need to get the same power (all other things being equal). That also tends to provide a flatter torque curve, so you don't have to routinely turn it as fast to get the same results (other than traveling speed). Ultimately, sure any time you increase the power, you shorten the service life, but in this sort of situation it wouldn't be anything worth worrying about.

I'm up to 25hrs on the ticker after two weeks....so I have a long time to go before I worry about the service life....I hope!

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #59  
Folks - I can't think of anything I do on my farm with the 4041 that I need the extra 6hp for? I do know some things that the 7010 would help though! :)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #60  
Folks - I can't think of anything I do on my farm with the 4041 that I need the extra 6hp for? I do know some things that the 7010 would help though! :)

Probably true, but the extra 6hp would allow you to maybe swing one size bigger brush hog (or at least the same size a bit easier), or go a little faster while cutting...in other words, do the same job a little easier.