LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Bart, I'm leaning towards the 47, since it's only like a $20/month jump in the payment. But *****, then again, that $1350 difference will pay for pallet-forks, a stump bucket, and a used plow. Decisions Decisions !

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
By the way, what are you guys paying for your R3039 's? I didn't even look at them when I was there, but I've been checking out the specs. The loader is still pretty strong compared to the competitors. Looks like it's a size between the R4041+ and the smaller ones (like my Kioti CK20). HP is still pretty high, almost as much as the R4041. Weight is less, but still 650 lbs more than I have now.

Basically, I was originally going to begin some small scale Hay farming, but I've changed my mind on that. Now, I won't need to run much more than a tiller, plow, brush hog, etc. Kept thinking about the 4041+ because of the loader capacity, but being on it, I'm worried it might be a bit too big for my uses.

Aarrrggghhh! So torn right now. Anyone wanna talk me down to a 3039 from a 4041+ ?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #63  
I've got the R3039H, and couldn't be happier. The 4041-4047, were just too large of a frame size for my needs. I've got some areas with lots of trees, and it's still pretty tight at times.
I bought mine back in june of last year for $ 17,750.
Randy.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #64  
By the way, what are you guys paying for your R3039 's? I didn't even look at them when I was there, but I've been checking out the specs. The loader is still pretty strong compared to the competitors. Looks like it's a size between the R4041+ and the smaller ones (like my Kioti CK20). HP is still pretty high, almost as much as the R4041. Weight is less, but still 650 lbs more than I have now.

Basically, I was originally going to begin some small scale Hay farming, but I've changed my mind on that. Now, I won't need to run much more than a tiller, plow, brush hog, etc. Kept thinking about the 4041+ because of the loader capacity, but being on it, I'm worried it might be a bit too big for my uses.

Aarrrggghhh! So torn right now. Anyone wanna talk me down to a 3039 from a 4041+ ?

I'm going off memory, but the 3039H was something like $19,600 when I compared it to the 4041H and 4047H. I'm moving a lot of good-sized trees with the loader, and I've already found some that I can't lift, so I'm glad I didn't go with anything smaller. I've got a lot of dead Ash trees here, and I've been surprised how well I can get the 4047 in between the big trees to get at downed ones. I'm having to skid the biggest ones out to where I can lift or cut them, and so far I haven't found a case where I couldn't get to one with the 4047 that I'd be able to get to with my 8N....pretty big difference in size.

I'm sure I could get the job done with a 3039, but I think it would take me longer, and time is more important to me than money (not that I'm rich!) at this point. I think that a lot of the trees I simple pick up, and carry to my staging area would have to be cut in half before lifting....off the tractor, cut the tree, back on the tractor, two trips to the staging area (several hundred yards away)...etc.

You know, if you want to come try my 4047, I'm sure I could find some trees for you to move, brush to clear, etc...lol. I keep telling my friends that, but nobody is taking me up on it ;-)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #65  

I know you were originally looking at Kubota and JD, how do the sizes compare to the LS size you are now looking at. Bigger, Smaller, the same??? I know it is easy to just keep getting bigger and bigger in size as you compare (note my 7010 when I was shopping for a 50 HP which would have done most of my chores). Sometimes it is better for your needs and wallet to stop, step back and look at what you need to do. Nothing will do it all, some will be too small for everything, some with be too large to maneuver, so you have to really look at it long term and average use not what do I need to remove that one large tree and buy accordingly OR what do I need to remove 90% of my trees. IF the answer is I can do it with a 3039 except for that one tree then that is likely your best choice and work around the largest stuff or even rent specialty equipment for it.
I love my P7010with cab and I have done a lot with it, but now it isn't the best for all my needs hence the little B26 which I use most of the time now that I have the place in pretty good shape. The pastures are still rough and we disc them and drag them about once a year in effort to smooth out some of the bumps and the LS does that job with ease, but when I need to get in a tight spot and level some dirt, dig some dirt etc, I get the baby tractor out.
Just saying, don't buy more tractor than what you need for MOST of your work. Soon you will get that big stuff done and then not need all the size, weight, and HP. IF you need a 4047 then by all means go for it, $20 or even $50 a month more is not a great sacrifice to have what you want.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #66  
Yea I agree with the size issue that Gary is talking about because going to big can be just too big, but the 4047 really isn't phisically much larger mostly more HP in a small foot print! So there way to much to think about! I personally have the 47 HP in the small foot print and I wouldn't want anything smaller but that is me, not you!

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #67  
TSO, As Gary and others mentioned, step back and take a look at the long term. Assess your needs currently, and down the road. As I stated earlier, my R3039H is perfect for my property, and I have surprised myself at some of the things this tractor has been able to do (see some of my earlier posts). I've been clearing some property, and once done, I could get by with a smaller machine. Sure, I was tempted to go with the larger tractor, but it's easy to want the most horsepower, the biggest, etc. The width of my tractor is about five and a half foot wide, and I believe the 40 series is around six foot wide. I often find myself squeezing between trees as it is! I also raise blueberries, that I have to use my little Kubota to run between, as the LS is too big. I've used a heavy duty six foot box blade, doesn't break a sweat, a four foot grapple, lifted huge piles, and also have a stump bucket.
Just take a look at your needs, and property, as well as where you will store your machine. I barely have room to get off, and squeeze past the rear tires!

Randy

Appreciate the input fellas. Randy, I know what you mean about the size, that's my only real concern about stepping up to the 4041+. I still have a couple hundred trees to cut, move, & Stump. Then, I'll be doing berries, Punkins, grapes, and Christmas trees. Our other "specialty" crops will be tended in a smaller garden setup. So a concern would be fitting the tractors between rows for grass & weed management. With a bigger tractor I could just widen the rows, but then I decrease production.

I'll also need good loader & PTO strength, to dig stumps with a stump bucket, and use a (rented) 3-pt stump grinder.

My hangup it's that it's only $1000 more between the 3039 & 4041 (dealer quoted me today $19400 for the 3039, $20400 for the 4041).

By every measurement (power included) the 4041 is WAY more tractor than the 3039... Well worth the extra $1000, if I can justify the size difference.

$1000 ..............

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #69  
Appreciate the input fellas. Randy, I know what you mean about the size, that's my only real concern about stepping up to the 4041+. I still have a couple hundred trees to cut, move, & Stump. Then, I'll be doing berries, Punkins, grapes, and Christmas trees. Our other "specialty" crops will be tended in a smaller garden setup. So a concern would be fitting the tractors between rows for grass & weed management. With a bigger tractor I could just widen the rows, but then I decrease production.

I'll also need good loader & PTO strength, to dig stumps with a stump bucket, and use a (rented) 3-pt stump grinder.

My hangup it's that it's only $1000 more between the 3039 & 4041 (dealer quoted me today $19400 for the 3039, $20400 for the 4041).

By every measurement (power included) the 4041 is WAY more tractor than the 3039... Well worth the extra $1000, if I can justify the size difference.

$1000 ..............

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

Well, I would think you could do better pricewise on the 3039. I bought the most horsepower in that frame size. If I would have needed the larger 40 series, I would have likely went for the 4047. At my dealer there was about a 4 grand difference between the 3039 and the 4047, both HST equipped. Mine was 17,750 and the 4047 was about 22,000.
There's an 8 hp difference between mine and the 4047, 2 hp diff in the 4041. About 1000 lbs heavier, though.
Randy

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #70  
Looks like you are in for some wheeler dealing or go for the larger tractor for $1000 more if it fits your space requirements. From prices quoted here, it seems all tractors up north are higher than in the south for some unknown reason but if Rwork got his for $17750, you should be able to get it for not more than $1000 over that or less. If you think the 3039HST will do the trick, just ask them how close he can get to the price in the south.