LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #71  
I'm working with our local dealer in central Indiana on a 3039 Hydro and a 4047 Gear. He is currently priced at $19,570 for the 3039 Hydro and $21,500 for the 4047 Gear. He doesn't have a 4041 in stock. The 4047 is a very nice sized tractor and is comparable to the Boomer 50 I was looking at.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Well, I went to a different LS dealer today (closer) and played with a R3039 Shuttle. I would have preferred a Hydro, but they only had the Geared. I was able to play with the 39 & 41 there. To be honest, I really like the SIZE of the 39 better. Visibility was much better, and I felt like less of a "bull in a china shop" because of the overall size. One of the issues I had with the larger frame 4041/47 & Kioti DK40-50, was the lack of lower/front visibility. I want to be able to see everything I'm touching with the loader. The 4041/47 had better visibility than the Kioti, but this 39 was even better.

Now, my only hangup is determining if the HP, 3-pt lift, and loader lift will be enough to keep me happy.

His price was $17,500 for the 3039 Shuttle, and $18,800 for the HST. So, I know there's some wiggle room to negotiate with the other dealer. And, the only reason I'm leaning towards the other dealer (who is twice as far away) is because they're a Kioti dealer too, and I'll get a better trade in on my Kioti CK20. In theory at least.

I'll call him back tomorrow and see if he wants to deal.

Fellas with the 3039... what limitations (sized implements) will I be looking at going with the 39 vs the 41/47 ?

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #73  
You can pull a 6 or 7 foot bush hog with either tractor and likely wont want anything bigger as most CUT owners only use 6 footer, mostly due to maneuverability and PRICE difference. You will find that most of the tractor in the 40ish HP range have more engine than traction so with most of them, you will run out of traction before you run out of engine power. The advantage goes to the one with the most weight if it can spin the tires but this only applies to ground engaging tasks like plowing. FEL lift capacity will be less due to frame size of the tractors and this can be a noticeable difference. Just check the specs on loader capacities, if it is a great difference and you cant live without the bigger capacity, get the bigger tractor. You WILL get used to the FEL with practice and know exactly where the blade is at in no time at all. My P7010 is totally blind with the cab and all and took a little (well quite a bit ) to get used to it coming off an open station 45 HP tractor but now I can comfortably get within 2 inches of something without fear of hitting it.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #74  
I guess to really answer the question - it would help to know what you need the extra horsepower for to begin with. You say your current Kioti isnt big enough, but why? What are you wanting to do that you cant do now?

As far as implements and size on the R3039, the only thing I can tell you is the 5' backblade I bought for my Bolens is WAY too small for the 3039!!!

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #75  
FEL lift capacity between the 3039H and the 4041H is only 250# which isn't significant when one is 2500 and other is 2750. Likely you could easily get by with the 3039 but PTO HP is just above 30 so you would be limited to a 6 foot max size bush hog. The weights are significant between the 30 and 40 series at nearly 1000 # so one is much heavier frame size. I guess it all depends on what you want to do and if you need the weight and size for your work.
Get the one you feel comfortable with.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #76  
Gary, I think the lift capacities are 2250 and 2500.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #77  
I'm working with our local dealer in central Indiana on a 3039 Hydro and a 4047 Gear. He is currently priced at $19,570 for the 3039 Hydro and $21,500 for the 4047 Gear. He doesn't have a 4041 in stock. The 4047 is a very nice sized tractor and is comparable to the Boomer 50 I was looking at.

Ouch....my dealer was at $21,500 for my R4047 Hydro! The 4047 is a Boomer 50 other than decals, grill insert and headlights....and it comes with more standard (2nd remote, rear work light, etc). All the mechanical stuff is identical.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #78  
Would be curious to know what they get for the Boomer 50....

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
I guess to really answer the question - it would help to know what you need the extra horsepower for to begin with. You say your current Kioti isnt big enough, but why? What are you wanting to do that you cant do now?

As far as implements and size on the R3039, the only thing I can tell you is the 5' backblade I bought for my Bolens is WAY too small for the 3039!!!

I have a bunch more trees to clear, stumps to dig out, and stumps to to grind (3pt grinder) if/when I can't dig them out. Brush hogging to, as well as some plow/tiller work, and a 1000Ft driveway to maintain.

My CK20 only has 1500lbs of breakout force, and I'll need more to handle the trees& stumps

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #80  
Would be curious to know what they get for the Boomer 50....

The New Holland Boomer was quoted to me for $27,750.00 with no remotes, work light and electrical connector.:eek: