LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Currently own a Kioti CK20S HST w/loader. I've had it for a year and 210 hours. It's worked very well for me. It performed excellent within it's capabilities and only had two minor problems: 1) Steering-Stem gasket leaked, dealer could not fix the gasket as Kioti sent a complete replacement steering-assembly to swap in. Fixed by the dealer in under 2 weeks. 2) Small O-Ring gasket in the Front Hydraulic connections leaked, fixed by the dealer in 5 minutes. Other than that, I have no complaints.

However, I'm needing more power, both from my PTO and from my loader. I've only had it for a year, so before I pay too much more into this machine, now's a good time to upgrade if I'm going to do it. I'm looking in the 40-50 HP range. I've basically narrowed it down to Kioti & LS. Kubota, JD, NH, Massey... they're all way overpriced. TYM seem unrefined and sketchy, Branson seems a little outclassed too. Kioti & LS offer excellent value & features. GManBart recently inspired me with his new R4047H, which is a gorgeous tractor! He actually doesn't live too far from me, so I'll probably even use the same dealer, who coincidentally sells both Kioti & LS machines. I'll be looking between the LS R4041H & 4047H, and the Kioti DK40/45/50 Hydros. They're all close in price, with a minor edge going to LS. Like GManBart already discovered, the Kioti loader is slightly more powerful. Otherwise they're very similar rigs.

I'm going to do as he did, and get seat time and prices on both before I buy.

I'm just wondering, do any of you LS owners regret your purchase, or have issues that I should address before I buy one? What are the things you've had problems with, and did you have any issues with the dealer fixing them in a timely manner? Any other helpful info would be appreciated.

And not that color matters :cool: but I've always been partial to Ford Blue tractors. I was shopping for a NH when I bought the Kioti last year, but the same class NH tractor was easily several thousand more than the Kioti, and I couldn't justify it.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #2  
If I had more lift capacity, it might spell trouble (I threw a box blade on the 3pt after this pic for some counterweight). :laughing:

67CF4F14-521F-4788-AAE3-23F398D88999-26459-000026CBCE722EAA.jpg

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #3  
Don't you need about 1200 lbs on the back of that machine to be safe?

James K0UA

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #4  
I've got the LS R3039H (39 hp), and I love my machine. My loader is rated at 2250#. Would I like a bigger tractor, sure, but who wouldn't! I did consider the larger frame 4047, but it was really too large for my needs. My tractor is perfect for my property. Would I buy again, absolutely!
Randy

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #5  
Don't you need about 1200 lbs on the back of that machine to be safe?

James K0UA

If I was trying to max it out, I think you're in the right ballpark. I bought a steel 55gal drum, and plan to make a counterweight that's over 1000lbs. For now, I figured the 4-500lb box blade, and being careful will do (no real pressing need to life heavy stuff right now). I only lifted the roof of the chicken coop above to see if it would do it...went slowly, on pretty level ground, and only moved it a couple of yards straight back, and then put it back. The heaviest stuff I've been moving has been telephone poles, and tree sections that I calculated weigh a max of maybe 1500lbs, and it doesn't get the slightest big light lifting those with just the box blade. R,

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #6  
Mine has been great. Good tractor within its capabilities. I own a G3033. I defenitely would buy another.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #7  
I have the R3039 and I am very happy with the tractor. Had one minor issue with the pto which the dealer promptly fixed. Problem was a sticking solenoid. I would buy an LS model again.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #8  
I have the P7010C and only problems I've had was fuel tank leaked due to design fault which has been changed now. My land is very rough and after two years of bouncing around the seat bracket failed. Evidently this was another weak design (actually a very inadequate weld failure) but it was also redesigned and replaced. I broke the drawbar attachment where it bolts to the tractor underbelly while trying to pull out a 14 yard fully loaded dump truck. The attachment was replaced and the back part of the drawbar holding bracket also replaced as a package deal with a new design.
Everything was replaced under warranty although except for the fuel tank, most of it was surely my fault for roughly treating it. I like that LS designers are watching for repeat failures AND making design changes to correct the issues unlike some other companies who just sit and watch for years without doing any thing like the Kioti FEL breaking a few years back.
Should I need another tractor in the future which is very unlikely as I think my present one will outlast me, I would buy another LS for sure.

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping)
Thanks for the input fellas. Gary, I'm surprised that trying to pull a 14 yard dump broke something :rolleyes: LOL.

So far seems like the quality is there... And I like that the company works out issues quickly.

Keep em coming!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ LS Owners... Are you happy with your LS, would you buy it again? (I'm shopping) #10  
Thanks for the input fellas. Gary, I'm surprised that trying to pull a 14 yard dump broke something :rolleyes: LOL.

So far seems like the quality is there... And I like that the company works out issues quickly.

Keep em coming!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
Well it was only stuck on one side with 4 tires up to the hub, since the other 4 tires were in the air, I thought I might could pull out 4 tires. LOL. Actually it was on a pretty good slope with the load shifting down hill, so he couldnt dump without danger of going over. Finally I asked him about pushing on his bed with my FEL and he said dont worry about scratching the bed. So I moved my tractor on the downhill side, tested the holding power by pushing him up straight and then locked my brakes and raised my FEL as he raised the dump bed to hold it vertical. He got about half the rocks dumped as that was all that would come out due to the pile up and then lowed the bed. I moved to the back, scraped all the dumped rocks away and the put the FEL under his bed, lifted and pushed and shoved him out. We should have done that to start with, but then I wouldnt have gotten the new designed drawbar brackets.