LS versus TYM

/ LS versus TYM #1  

highdes

Tractor
LS 5030C, deere 110 tlb, ford 850
Am looking to purchase either the LS u5030c or the TYM t603c and would like to get some owner response.

/ LS versus TYM #2  
:welcome:

/ LS versus TYM #3  
Am looking to purchase either the LS u5030c or the TYM t603c and would like to get some owner response.

I don't see a lot of action in the TYM section of TBN so that tells me that there isn't a lot of owners out there to get feed back from. I don't know a lot about TYM other than it is " that other Korean tractor company". You will find a bunch of satisfied LS owners here and few problems. Sure LS gets a problem here and there. ONE owner has reported that he has to have his Mitsubishi engine replaced and his tractor has been down a couple weeks and a few seat switch brackets have broken but for most of us, only thing broken has been due to owner fault but even then LS steps up and replaces the broken parts without question.
Compare prices, standard equipment and dealerships and let the quality and money talk. According to TYM website, they are the fastest growing tractor company in North America but I don't believe that hype or we would have more owners talking them up on TBN>

/ LS versus TYM
Thank you Gary for the input. I have read many of your post on this site with interest. I agree that the LS line of tractors looks really good, my only concern is the dealer is 150+ miles from me.

/ LS versus TYM #6  
Thank you Gary for the input. I have read many of your post on this site with interest. I agree that the LS line of tractors looks really good, my only concern is the dealer is 150+ miles from me.

The only way i would by any tractor from a dealer 150 miles away is if that was the closest tractor dealer and all other flavors were farther

Dave

/ LS versus TYM #7  
Well, my LS dealer is 120 miles from me. The orange and green dealers are in town. For comparably equipped and capable tractors, the green and the orange guys wanted about twice the price. For that difference in cash, I'm more than comfortable with my LS dealer. And, I've received excellent dealer support since my purchase.

/ LS versus TYM #8  
Well, my LS dealer is 120 miles from me. The orange and green dealers are in town. For comparably equipped and capable tractors, the green and the orange guys wanted about twice the price. For that difference in cash, I'm more than comfortable with my LS dealer. And, I've received excellent dealer support since my purchase.

Wow sounds like they must be looking for beta testers to get their foot in the door. I'm sure they wont be that cheap for to many more years. I just hate the thought of needing to get something simple that is a dealer only part your talking about a 4 hour commute.

Dave

/ LS versus TYM
Good to hear from someone who has experienced the same situation. I'm not seeing the half price difference from the big three but 6000 to 10000 still is large. Has anyone seen any local prices on the LS u5020c or the u5030c?

/ LS versus TYM #10  
I don't know about the 50xx pricing but when I bought my tractor, I got a 70 HP LS for what a 50 HP in any other brand was asking. That is how I ended up with such a big tractor. I wanted a cab tractor but no one had a U 50XX with a cab and I was tired of shopping around so I got the P 7010 for $35,500. None of my warranty work "required" me to take the tractor back. I did take it back one time for a general checkout just before the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty expired and to get my new seat bracket installed and new drawbar hitch installed. I could have done both of these myself at home in an hour or so.