New LS Cab Tractors

/ New LS Cab Tractors #21  
Sounds just opposite from what the other LS dealer said. I guess those with interest will find out when the new models hit the dealership (along with the dealer)

Yea that's why I said it would be interesting to see. At this time I will hold off on my opinion to either one but inquiring minds want to know!:mur:

/ New LS Cab Tractors #22  
Talked to a gentleman at LS HQ about the smaller cab tractors. He said that they had one for taking to farm shows and they would be available later this year. He said that all of the smaller cab tractors will be tier 4. I didn't ask what type of engine they would have. It does appear that any savings from buying a smaller cab tractor instead of a 5030c would largely be offset by the increase in price due to tier 4.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #23  
Gary, Will NH service LS tactors?
That is hard to say, I haven't required any service. What broken parts I have had, have been supplied to me by the dealer. I just take in the old part and get the new one to install myself.
I assume that you are talking warranty service. I would say NO, unless it is badged as a NH. FOR LS badged tractors it would be like taking your Chevy to a Ford dealer for warranty work, not going to happen.
Now as for parts like filters, if you know the NH model that corresponds to the LS model, parts would be interchangeable, however just like everything else today, parts can be ordered via internet from LS and shipped overnight by any dealer. I broke a hydraulic quick connect on the FEL and got a replacement from NH which was same size. About 3 times the cost ($52 for 2) of a generic QA male end but no one else had the generic equivalent of the size needed.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #24  
I'll tell you I am really disapointed in the LS website! I know others have said this in the past but this is ridiculous I mean come on. So far they have 2wd tractors that are not on their web site, now cab tractors that are not there they only reason most of us even know about either one of them is because of this or other forums! I did email them several weeks ago and asked if when they were going to update there website and never got an answer. I really don't they have ever updated it since they originally put it up, at least the news is still the same. If LS wants to market there tractors and play with the big boys you really would they would opt for some pretty cheep advertisments you know like maybe there own website! Just sayin!

/ New LS Cab Tractors #25  
That is hard to say, I haven't required any service. What broken parts I have had, have been supplied to me by the dealer. I just take in the old part and get the new one to install myself.
I assume that you are talking warranty service. I would say NO, unless it is badged as a NH. FOR LS badged tractors it would be like taking your Chevy to a Ford dealer for warranty work, not going to happen.
Now as for parts like filters, if you know the NH model that corresponds to the LS model, parts would be interchangeable, however just like everything else today, parts can be ordered via internet from LS and shipped overnight by any dealer. I broke a hydraulic quick connect on the FEL and got a replacement from NH which was same size. About 3 times the cost ($52 for 2) of a generic QA male end but no one else had the generic equivalent of the size needed.

I was thinking more like this scenario.

Like if someone were to by an LS tractor second hand, and there were no LS dealers nearby, but there was a NH dealer. Not everyone is up to, or willing to work on, service their own tractor. I am thinking specifically home owners that would have some of the smallest CUT's LS makes. The J series.

If the NH dealer was able to service the LS tractors, because after all, the NH tractors are the same thing, even for normal repair rates, that might give the LS tractors a bit of a leg up. However, If NH simply will not work on LS tractors, well then I kind of see a pretty major distinction between NH and LS.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #26  
I was thinking more like this scenario.

Like if someone were to by an LS tractor second hand, and there were no LS dealers nearby, but there was a NH dealer. Not everyone is up to, or willing to work on, service their own tractor. I am thinking specifically home owners that would have some of the smallest CUT's LS makes. The J series.

If the NH dealer was able to service the LS tractors, because after all, the NH tractors are the same thing, even for normal repair rates, that might give the LS tractors a bit of a leg up. However, If NH simply will not work on LS tractors, well then I kind of see a pretty major distinction between NH and LS.

I know some folks have bought parts from a NH dealer, after telling them it was for an LS....they didn't care. If its straight service/repair work, I'd be surprised if a NH dealer would turn away business. After all, most dealers have a used lot, with various brands, and frequently service equipment from competitors...heck, my local Case dealer also sells Kubotas, so what difference should it make?. I can't see how this would be any different.

/ New LS Cab Tractors #27  
I know some folks have bought parts from a NH dealer, after telling them it was for an LS....they didn't care. If its straight service/repair work, I'd be surprised if a NH dealer would turn away business. After all, most dealers have a used lot, with various brands, and frequently service equipment from competitors...heck, my local Case dealer also sells Kubotas, so what difference should it make?. I can't see how this would be any different.

That sounds about right, they shouldn't have a problem doing any work other that warranty work. Any paying customer is a good customer after all!:thumbsup:

/ New LS Cab Tractors #28  
I'll tell you I am really disapointed in the LS website! I know others have said this in the past but this is ridiculous I mean come on. So far they have 2wd tractors that are not on their web site, now cab tractors that are not there they only reason most of us even know about either one of them is because of this or other forums! I did email them several weeks ago and asked if when they were going to update there website and never got an answer. I really don't they have ever updated it since they originally put it up, at least the news is still the same. If LS wants to market there tractors and play with the big boys you really would they would opt for some pretty cheep advertisments you know like maybe there own website! Just sayin!

I don't know if you saw my post in regards to this, a couple weeks back, but I sent them an email in reference to this very same issue. I did receive a prompt reply back from a Lee Heuy, (or possibly Huey Lee), stating that they were in the process of updating the website in the near future.
I expressed my concern of lack of updated information to the buying public, and well, as needing a "fresh ,informative, and modern website in order to stand toe to toe with the competition.
Hopefully we'll see some change soon.
Randy

/ New LS Cab Tractors #29  
I don't know if you saw my post in regards to this, a couple weeks back, but I sent them an email in reference to this very same issue. I did receive a prompt reply back from a Lee Heuy, (or possibly Huey Lee), stating that they were in the process of updating the website in the near future.
I expressed my concern of lack of updated information to the buying public, and well, as needing a "fresh ,informative, and modern website in order to stand toe to toe with the competition.
Hopefully we'll see some change soon.
Randy

Yea like I said I knew that someone had complained before but I couldn't remember who. But it sure did feel good voicing my complaint!

/ New LS Cab Tractors #30  
Just a quick note- LS Tractor will be showing the new XR series tractors with cabs at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY starting today through Saturday (February 13-16). They have an XR3037HC (hydrostatic drive) and XR4046C (gear) on the booth. Also the new XU5065CPS (65 HP, power shuttle, cab) is on display. Planning to go see them towards end of the week.