Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #11  
For what you list as your goals for the tractor, the 3039 will be adequate. Sure the larger tires are nicer. looking and may float a bit better but you also have more weight to carry plus a larger capacity FEL so all things being equal, you may not make any more ruts with the smaller tires on the smaller tractor than you would with the 4041.
In addition to my P7010, I have a B26 Kubota TLB with 26 Engine HP and it surprises me with what it will do. I just moved some big rocks for my brother in law, a couple of which were as wide as the little tractor and buried up in the dirt 6 or more inches deep and it slide those suckers with ease. I find myself using the B26 90% of the time rather than my Big Blue Brute so I think you would be fine with the smaller tractor.
NOW, as for better visibility, I am positive that you wont find that to be a problem with the larger tractor after just a few hours of operation. I don't think you would have a problem with weight on your trailer even though you will be about maxed out with the 4041 and in the same situation with ballast as me with my P 7010. I cant put any or I couldn't haul it. Then again, you might be in the same fix with the 3039 if you ballast up the tires to equal the weight of the 4041. I hope I helped make your decision as difficult as possible.
Bottom line, either tractor is going to work for you. Get the one you feel most comfortable with and get the best deal on.

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!!
For what you list as your goals for the tractor, the 3039 will be adequate. Sure the larger tires are nicer. looking and may float a bit better but you also have more weight to carry plus a larger capacity FEL so all things being equal, you may not make any more ruts with the smaller tires on the smaller tractor than you would with the 4041.
In addition to my P7010, I have a B26 Kubota TLB with 26 Engine HP and it surprises me with what it will do. I just moved some big rocks for my brother in law, a couple of which were as wide as the little tractor and buried up in the dirt 6 or more inches deep and it slide those suckers with ease. I find myself using the B26 90% of the time rather than my Big Blue Brute so I think you would be fine with the smaller tractor.
NOW, as for better visibility, I am positive that you wont find that to be a problem with the larger tractor after just a few hours of operation. I don't think you would have a problem with weight on your trailer even though you will be about maxed out with the 4041 and in the same situation with ballast as me with my P 7010. I cant put any or I couldn't haul it. Then again, you might be in the same fix with the 3039 if you ballast up the tires to equal the weight of the 4041. I hope I helped make your decision as difficult as possible.
Bottom line, either tractor is going to work for you. Get the one you feel most comfortable with and get the best deal on.
Dam you Gary !!! LOL. Definitely not any easier :confused2:

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #13  
Just like the Infernal Revenue Service, I am here to help. I know its not an easy decision and likely the 30309 will do everything you want and if it feels smaller to you, and that is what you want, and easier to use AND THE WIFE THINKS IT IS THE TRACTOR FOR YOUR, I will let you decide how you should go. That might be a good conversation to get on tape for later reference. LOL

Planning to wake up bright & early & get seat time between the 2. Going to the closer dealer, so I'll driving the shuttle shift versions.... But, I'm hoping to make a decision and order one of them (hydro) before I go.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

OK, decided on the 40 series.... Drove it around for awhile and you guys were right; it shrunk!

Drove the shuttle around and I actually got used to it and liked it... So now, I'm debating between the 41/47, and H vs SS. For some reason, I didn't like the shuttle on the Kioti, but don't mind it on the LS.... Could live with it.

Prices (rounded):
R4041ss = $19,200
R4041h = $20,350

R4047ss = $20,300
R4048h. = $21,550

For comparison...

R3039ss = $17,500
R4039h = $18,800

Hmm...........

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #16  
OK, decided on the 40 series.... Drove it around for awhile and you guys were right; it shrunk!

Drove the shuttle around and I actually got used to it and liked it... So now, I'm debating between the 41/47, and H vs SS. For some reason, I didn't like the shuttle on the Kioti, but don't mind it on the LS.... Could live with it.

Prices (rounded):
R4041ss = $19,200
R4041h = $20,350

R4047ss = $20,300
R4048h. = $21,550

For comparison...

R3039ss = $17,500
R4039h = $18,800

Hmm...........

You're almost there! I would strongly consider the 47hp in the larger size. The 41 is only giving you two hp more than the 39, as compared to 8 more with the 47.

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #17  
Honestly, I prefer the shuttle shift. I am quite impressed with it on the LS too, over the one on a Kubota I used a bunch. To me the shuttle is almost second nature. Even on my Bolens, I cant get used to the hydro setup... It just feels strange, not to mention, I feel the need to always run the throttle up at higher RPMs. With the shuttle, I tend to drive it more like a car/truck when just moving about doing things.

I agree with Rwork - given the minimal price difference, since you have decided 40 series, just take the plunge and go 4047.

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #18  
I picked up the 4041ss 6 months ago. I hade a ford1720 that struggled with tilling, mowing etc on the property. Much like yours, 7 acres of lawn and garden and orchard and 8 acres of woods. The 4041 has been more than adequate. I have a 48" grapple that moves downed Torres with no problem. The power tiller has not bogged down and the mower never drops the rpm even when in heavy brush.

I debated the 47 but can say I haven't run into a situation that the 41 couldn't handle.

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #19  
I wish my P 7010 had a POWER shuttle shift. I loved it on my old Yanmar 4220. When ever I use the 7010 for lots of FEL forward/reverse clutching action, my left leg does a number on me that night. I haven't been on any of the LS hydrostat tractors (not available on the heavy utility P series) but I love the rocker pedal on my Kubota. I cant get used to my brother in laws NH with the dual pedals and the location puts my hip in severe pain after half an hour of use and usually have to look down to make sure which pedal I am on. His creeps a bit without touching the pedal sometimes so you really have to make sure you are on the right one. The HST is much better for tight spaces and quick changes in directions. I think it would be worth your while to pay the extra money and get the HST transmission. You can look at my early posts and see that I was a gear head, now I believe in the HST for small tractors.

/ Talk me into either a R3039H or a R4041H !!! #20  
After spending 6hrs running my R4047H today, I'm not kidding when I say that I can easily see being able to utilize something even two steps bigger without much trouble! I'm getting a ton of work done, but there have been a number of times when I'm lifting/digging something out, and the loader can't lift any more, and the tractor can't move forward any more....tapped out! For the minimal price increase, I'd go for the extra 6HP and Hydro. I'm doing a lot of FEL work (loading rolloff dumpsters, and moving trees) and it makes a huge difference being able to instantly switch from forward to reverse, and back again. Over 31 hours on the ticker in three weekends. :thumbsup: