New R4041 !!

/ New R4041 !! #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Thanks for the input from those of you that helped me decide on the 40 series over the R3039. I think I would have been very happy with the 39, but I would have had that little big of regret/remorse for not just getting the bigger tractor. Thought about getting the 4047, but since I'm already jumping up to the bigger frame, and the 47 is just a tweaked/tuned 41, I figured the 41 would be all the tractor (and more) that I'd need.

Big thanks to "Paul's Tractor Sales & Service" of Clio, Michigan. That guy knows his *****. He and his wife own/run the place, and he's been with "LS" for a long time, back when they were making the FarmAll or FarmTrac (can't remember which one was the old Ford). You guys would LOVE his Pole Barn... he custom builds "pull" tractors for tractor shows, and he restores tractors from the ground up. Works on them all too. I think I saw 20-30 that he restored and pulls with, and that was just skimming the surface. Really nice operation they have going there... makes me comfortable knowing that if something goes wrong on this tractor, he'll be able to fix it. :thumbsup:

Ended up paying $19,200 (no tax). This is the Shuttle shift, which I really like so far... I'm sure it'll only get better with use. I like the Hydrostatic in my Kioti, but I don't like the way it whines, and that you always have to run the RPM's up high (higher than the shuttle anyhow). Plus, I wanted to keep all the PTO HP, which drops 2 HP with the HST. Another plus, is that down the road, when the warranty is expired... a new clutch is WAY cheaper to replace than a HST. But I digress... we could debate Shuttle vs HST all day and in the end, who cares :confused3:

As for my Kioti... Hopefully it sells soon. However, if we can swing the payment, I wouldn't mind keeping it for the wife so she can use it for landscaping, gardening, Chicken-stuff, etc. We'll see!

So, now that I have a Quick-Attach bucket, I'll be trying to Fab up some quick-attachments of my own. Maybe I'll make a grapple & stump bucket. Who knows?!

Anyhow... Pics are below.

My Sequoia actually pulled it pretty decent
2013-02-06_13-51-13_344.jpg

2013-02-06_16-02-45_434.jpg

With my CK20S HST
2013-02-06_16-07-25_320.jpg

2013-02-06_16-07-50_507.jpg

Gonna have to rearrange stuff in the barn now!
2013-02-06_16-16-04_466.jpg

/ New R4041 !! #2  
Fine looking machine you have there! Congratulations. I'm sure you're going to be as happy as I am with mine. Just over 100 hours, and not the first problem. Enjoy!
Randy

/ New R4041 !! #3  
Congrats....you never know when you'll need a second tractor...they're like chainsaws, two minimum!

/ New R4041 !! #4  
Congrats!! Great looking rig!! Hey quick question, how long is your trailer? I have a 16 footer and have never really tried to load my LS..

/ New R4041 !!
Congrats!! Great looking rig!! Hey quick question, how long is your trailer? I have a 16 footer and have never really tried to load my LS..

Yup, 16' ... Perfect fit actually

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ New R4041 !! #6  
Wow it looks like the Koiti would almost fit in the LS bucket! Yea you need em both!

/ New R4041 !! #7  
I know my 3039 will just barely fit on my 14' trailer...

/ New R4041 !! #8  
Yup, 16' ... Perfect fit actually

As long as were on subject..
TSO.. what is the brand and weight capacity of trailer? What brake setup is on it? Been mulling over getting one for my 4041.

/ New R4041 !!
As long as were on subject..
TSO.. what is the brand and weight capacity of trailer? What brake setup is on it? Been mulling over getting one for my 4041.

It's made by US Cargo. It weighs approx 1500lbs, with dual 3500lb axles, brakes on each axle. So, it'll hold 5500lbs. One drawback is that it's angle iron construction, compared to tubed steel. It's lighter that way, but not as strong. I placed Jack stands under the rear when I loaded the tractor, because it could potentially bend the trailer frame with that much weight crawling up at the very rear. I'm planning on welding some more support to the frame. I'm also going to make some HD ramps, as that gate is not strong enough for this kind of weight.

I paid $2100. Overall I'm pleased with it, but I should have spent a few hundred more and bought a beefier "car hauler" dovetail type. I didn't anticipate driving a 5000lb tractor on it tho.

/ New R4041 !! #10  
I've been thinking about getting a trailer for my tractors, but then I might be subject to helping friends who don't live close by ;-)