My R3039 Mods

/ My R3039 Mods #11  
I did essentially drill through the weld, just wanted to mention it was there, as you need to take a little more care in your drilling as to not break your bits.

What I had done, was drilled roughly 1/8" pilot holes. They ended up being off center front/back a little because they walked to the front of the weld. But with those holes in place, when I drilled with the 1/2 bit, it just cut the weld out of its way. Take your time drilling, and dont forget to use coolant or oil on your bit.

Honestly, I would have bought weld on hooks, if I didnt want to fight with fixing the paint after welding them on my brand new bucket :D

Thanks again! Man, that Ken is awesome!! Ordered my hooks this morning and he already has shipped them out. I like dealing with people like that!! Even sent a personal note letting me know they were enroute..
..Eric

/ My R3039 Mods #12  
Like my buddy says... if the hooks start to get loose, you know you lifted something too heavy!! LOL

HA! That's great! :laughing: Your buddy is a pretty smart fellow:thumbsup:

Where did you get the receiver hitch? I'd like to offer them as well if I could.

Thanks guys!:drink:

Last edited:
   / My R3039 Mods #13  
HA! That's great! :laughing: Your buddy is a pretty smart fellow:thumbsup:

Where did you get the receiver hitch? I'd like to offer them as well if I could.

Thanks guys!:drink:

Kenny if you start selling them, maybe you can give us a "forum special"?? I'd buy one to go with my hooks for sure!!
.Eric

/ My R3039 Mods
Kenny, the receiver came from Harbor Freight.

/ My R3039 Mods #15  
Kenny, the receiver came from Harbor Freight.

Thanks, I know they used to sell them but I can't find them any longer on the website. I have a note to my supplier to see what they can do.

/ My R3039 Mods #16  
Kenny if you start selling them, maybe you can give us a "forum special"?? I'd buy one to go with my hooks for sure!!
.Eric

You'll be the first to know if I can find them ;)

/ My R3039 Mods
I will share the link later...

/ My R3039 Mods
   / My R3039 Mods #20  
I looked at all the receiver tubes and HF does have just a plain 12" long tube with nothing on it other than the little reinforcement ring at the end but at $13 sounds like a fellow could do better just buying the stock tubing and making them himself if in the market to sell them. I don't have a clue as to how much 2x2x1/4 tubing cost per foot though, and then you have to cut to length, cut the 2.5 tubing for the reinforcement at the end, drill the hole for the pin. Maybe $13 isn't too bad after all.
It looks like the 3500# would fit nicely on a FEL and plenty strong for a CUT.