My R3039 Mods

/ My R3039 Mods
I have had several people ask me why I put the receiver hitch on the bucket, and what I might use it for.

Found use #1 today!!

2013-03-10 13.14.11.jpg

/ My R3039 Mods #32  
That is a great mod, I am going to put a receiver on my box blade. Then I can use a carry all for tools and a chain saw.

/ My R3039 Mods #33  
Kennyd,
I was just skimming down through these replies and happened to see you have a Markham LD-48 Grapple. I had just gotten through requesting any info about Markham, not five minutes ago. I have a LS-3039H tractor and thought this size grapple would be perfect. Could you steer me in the right direction to get ahold of these people?

/ My R3039 Mods #34  
Kennyd,
I was just skimming down through these replies and happened to see you have a Markham LD-48 Grapple. I had just gotten through requesting any info about Markham, not five minutes ago. I have a LS-3039H tractor and thought this size grapple would be perfect. Could you steer me in the right direction to get ahold of these people?

Markham is no longer in business, they sold out to "Gator Attachments" a few years ago-there where lots of threads here about poor service and quality after the change. I have no clue if they are still in business now or not. If you do a search on the word "markham" or "gator" in the attachments forum you'll have lots of reading. The WR Long and the one from skidsteer express are pretty much the same thing.

/ My R3039 Mods #35  
Thanks again! Man, that Ken is awesome!! Ordered my hooks this morning and he already has shipped them out. I like dealing with people like that!! Even sent a personal note letting me know they were enroute..
..Eric

Installed Ken's hooks a couple of weeks ago and finally got the chance to use them. Worked great.. Made fast work of pulling some old posts out of my pasture where some old fencing once stood.. Totally recommend this product..

/ My R3039 Mods #37  
I'm thinking about buying me a mig welder this week, so that I can start doing some modifications to my tractor. I'm not much with a rod, and don't want to booger anything up! Maybe I can catch on with the mig.

/ My R3039 Mods #38  
Mangus, when you drilled your holes for your hooks, did you notice how thick the tube was? Wondering if I need to add a base plate to weld my hooks onto, or just weld directly to the bucket tube.
Randy

/ My R3039 Mods
If i had to take a guess, I would say about 1/8", maybe slightly less.

I had considered welding them on, but didnt want the hassle of fixing the paint from the heat. I have no regrets on my decision either.

/ My R3039 Mods
Mod of the day....

2013-04-13 17.50.40.jpg