My R3039 Mods

/ My R3039 Mods
I like it! The safety police will have a cow however :laughing:

Cow? We have one of those too! (well 2 now)

josey.jpghappy cow.jpg

And I cant really say my idea is 'original' either.... (friend of mine in Florida)

p3050003s_134.jpg

/ My R3039 Mods #43  
I have had several people ask me why I put the receiver hitch on the bucket, and what I might use it for.

Found use #1 today!!

View attachment 307563

Your picture just made me think of something specific to the LS tractor. Do you know if there is enough room under the hood to install a higher amperage alternator? Because with that and an inverter you can run your saw right from the tractor.

As for cows when I was growing up we had a Cow named Ol'Bossy. She was the best cow ever and I have lots of fond memories of that good old cow. She gave us a meat calf every year for nearly 20 years. Bruce

/ My R3039 Mods
Added pipes to keep some chains in today. Currently zip tied on with heavy ties. Considering steel brackets and bolts.... we shall see how long these hold up. Also mocked up where I will put the chainsaw mount. I suspect it will end up on the right side - blocking the ability to get off that side when the saw is in the mount. I think the mount will not be in the way at least if the saw is not there. Still deciding.

Also grabbed a metal tool box from home depot to mount some place. Will work on that some tomorrow, although I am sure bracket fabrication will be required for sure there....

2013-04-26 18.21.41.jpg 2013-04-26 18.21.49.jpg

/ My R3039 Mods
So I have added the diverter valve for my Grapple....

I had my dealership cut the factory hoses and add new ends to both sides. I also had hoses made up to reach the front. Added quick disconnects for the hoses headed to the front, and have a button temporarily zip tied to the joystick.

In hindsight, I would have not been so impatient and would have made sure I had my hoses the right length. I hae some that I feel are a little long....

2013-05-10 18.31.24.jpg2013-05-10 18.32.36.jpg2013-05-10 18.32.44.jpg2013-05-10 18.32.51.jpg2013-05-10 18.32.58.jpg2013-05-10 18.33.06.jpg

/ My R3039 Mods #46  
So I have added the diverter valve for my Grapple....

I had my dealership cut the factory hoses and add new ends to both sides. I also had hoses made up to reach the front. Added quick disconnects for the hoses headed to the front, and have a button temporarily zip tied to the joystick.

In hindsight, I would have not been so impatient and would have made sure I had my hoses the right length. I hae some that I feel are a little long....

In my opinion, the diverter valve is best mounted to the loader, like on the inside of the right upright/mast. That way it comes off with the loader, and makes for a cleaner install overall. But, yours is fine and very functional, just be careful of those hoses for the 3rd function that they dont get snagged.

/ My R3039 Mods
In my opinion, the diverter valve is best mounted to the loader, like on the inside of the right upright/mast. That way it comes off with the loader, and makes for a cleaner install overall. But, yours is fine and very functional, just be careful of those hoses for the 3rd function that they dont get snagged.

There wasnt a good place to mount the valve on the loader arm, without breaking into the steel lines...

2013-05-11 12.02.38.jpg

The hoses by the valve are quite protected. Its up near the grapple I need to figure out what to do with yet.

2013-05-10 17.32.52.jpg

/ My R3039 Mods #48  
I have had several people ask me why I put the receiver hitch on the bucket, and what I might use it for.

Found use #1 today!!

View attachment 307563
Ah Ha!!!, Portable work bench, did not think of that. Now I will. Thanks

Tom

PS: the reason Markham sold out it was the estate. Markham died and the kids
had no interest in the business. Read that on another thread on TBN

/ My R3039 Mods #49  
PS: the reason Markham sold out it was the estate. Markham died and the kids
had no interest in the business. Read that on another thread on TBN

That was Millonzi, not the Markham's.