J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #1  

Singalo

Gold Member
In another thread concerning a new tractor owner seeking advice on which tractors would make a good choice for him, LS Tractors was brought up as an Option.

I posted in that thread some company history and pointed out, Not personally knowing anything about the actual tractors, that the dealer networks are not nearly as established or plentiful as more main stream companies. I cautioned against unknown service factors and lack of any Re-Sale information. But today, I took the time to go and seek out the only two dealers I could fine within an hours drive.

Via the website, LS Tractors states that there are 10 dealers in NY. I noted in the other thread that their website left MUCH to be desired. One of those things lacking is the Dealer Locator. If you supply your zip code, the locator spits out only the closet dealer to that zip code. So finding the other 10 dealers in NY is literally a game of "Battleship". It appears from what I can gather, that most of the dealers are located between buffalo and central NY. There is nothing north of Pulaski.

The dealer in Pulaski is an absolute joke. The "Shop" is a wood shed, and the surrounding property is a tractor junkyard. He has 2 LS tractors on his "Lot". Both are G series, or what LS calls their "Value Compacts". Being the Bare Bones line of tractors, there was not a heck of a lot to look at. Even so, the "Dealer" seemed to know less about them then even the bare bones info on the LS Website. There was no "Service" shop at this "Dealer", so how he would support the warrantee is completely unknown.

The Dealer out in Weedsport was Somewhat better. This guy is a wholesaler of industrial equipment. That is his main deal. But apparently he has his hands in a bit of everything. Want a used car or truck? He has about ten on the lot to choose from. Want to rent a small track hoe, hes got some. Want a golf cart, he's got a few of those too. Want a Chinese ATV,,, He has like 60 on the lot to choose from. But I was interested in the Tractors. He had a fairly decent representation, but did not have what I was looking for, being the J2030H. He didn't have any P series either for the record. I asked the following questions. When did you become a dealer? Answer, 3 years ago. I then asked, why did you pick up LS? Answer, local farmers were asking me to sell some farm equipment. So we picked up the LS line. Ok, fair enough. Do you have a Service Department? Yes we can work on, repair and get parts, but we don't keep parts in stock. And we don't load the tires.

On to what I went looking for. The J, which he didn't have, and claims that they do not stock and will only order. He was not able to give me any hard pricing, only estimates. I asked what a TLB set up with MMM would "Roughly" go for. To this question, he was not certain, so he called his boss, WHO,, told him the J series could not take a Backhoe. I pointed out to him in the one page brochure that he handed me, that it lists a backhoe model for the J. This confused him, and he promised to look into that and call me back with firm prices and information.

I have to admit, that the random Prices he was tossing around were appealing. He guessed for the TLB set up with MMM, around 21-22k. Now that is about the same price as the GC1710 I am fixing to buy in April. On price alone, I would be interested in getting a little better acquainted with the J. But here was the final kick in the Nads. Aside for not knowing anything about the tractor, in order to look at one, I have to actually BUY one. I can't find any information online deeper then the bare basic specs. No clue if the thing has a diff Loc. I assume it does have one, but still, its a well kept secret. No idea what the cockpit layout is. No Idea if it has a suspension seat or not. No idea if the hoe has it's own seat or not. No videos on line for it. Nothing. No God Dang information of any kind.

I have to admit, that the prices tossed out are interesting. The Size seems like it would be appealing. But exactly what I feared turned out to be the case. The dealers are not really Dealers. The one guy I would consider doing business with, LS Tractors is a sideline distraction from his real business. He dabbles in selling them because,,,, well because he can. Very little in the way of knowledge about them. And although he does have a service department, it's set up for the purpose of working on heavy equipment. They will work on the LS Tractors if they need to. But it's not their real gig. All that is reason enough to make me walk away. Yet I am still feeling a bit of draw. The tractors he did have on the lot are RUGGED. I don't doubt the quality of the tractors. And the J seems like it might have real potential. But I can't freaking get any more information on it. And Unless someone has one at the upcoming tractor show at the fair grounds, I would not even be able to look at one prior to paying for it. And buying a tractor sight unseen is just NOT going to happen. So even though a bit of enthusiasm was stoked within me for the J, it is likely that all of the negatives in the support has sealed the deal. Just too many unknowns, and the dealer does not exactly instill confidence.

Does anyone own one of these J series? I can't find a review or a video or anything in the way of testimonials.

Last edited:
   / J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #2  
In another thread concerning a new tractor owner seeking advice on which tractors would make a good choice for him, LS Tractors was brought up as an Option.

I posted in that thread some company history and pointed out, Not personally knowing anything about the actual tractors, that the dealer networks are not nearly as established or plentiful as more main stream companies. I cautioned against unknown service factors and lack of any Re-Sale information. But today, I took the time to go and seek out the only two dealers I could fine within an hours drive.

Via the website, LS Tractors states that there are 10 dealers in NY. I noted in the other thread that their website left MUCH to be desired. One of those things lacking is the Dealer Locator. If you supply your zip code, the locator spits out only the closet dealer to that zip code. So finding the other 10 dealers in NY is literally a game of "Battleship". It appears from what I can gather, that most of the dealers are located between buffalo and central NY. There is nothing north of Pulaski.

The dealer in Pulaski is an absolute joke. The "Shop" is a wood shed, and the surrounding property is a tractor junkyard. He has 2 LS tractors on his "Lot". Both are G series, or what LS calls their "Value Compacts". Being the Bare Bones line of tractors, there was not a heck of a lot to look at. Even so, the "Dealer" seemed to know less about them then even the bare bones info on the LS Website. There was no "Service" shop at this "Dealer", so how he would support the warrantee is completely unknown.

The Dealer out in Weedsport was Somewhat better. This guy is a wholesaler of industrial equipment. That is his main deal. But apparently he has his hands in a bit of everything. Want a used car or truck? He has about ten on the lot to choose from. Want to rent a small track hoe, hes got some. Want a golf cart, he's got a few of those too. Want a Chinese ATV,,, He has like 60 on the lot to choose from. But I was interested in the Tractors. He had a fairly decent representation, but did not have what I was looking for, being the J2030H. He didn't have any P series either for the record. I asked the following questions. When did you become a dealer? Answer, 3 years ago. I then asked, why did you pick up LS? Answer, local farmers were asking me to sell some farm equipment. So we picked up the LS line. Ok, fair enough. Do you have a Service Department? Yes we can work on, repair and get parts, but we don't keep parts in stock. And we don't load the tires.

On to what I went looking for. The J, which he didn't have, and claims that they do not stock and will only order. He was not able to give me any hard pricing, only estimates. I asked what a TLB set up with MMM would "Roughly" go for. To this question, he was not certain, so he called his boss, WHO,, told him the J series could not take a Backhoe. I pointed out to him in the one page brochure that he handed me, that it lists a backhoe model for the J. This confused him, and he promised to look into that and call me back with firm prices and information.

I have to admit, that the random Prices he was tossing around were appealing. He guessed for the TLB set up with MMM, around 21-22k. Now that is about the same price as the GC1710 I am fixing to buy in April. On price alone, I would be interested in getting a little better acquainted with the J. But here was the final kick in the Nads. Aside for not knowing anything about the tractor, in order to look at one, I have to actually BUY one. I can't find any information online deeper then the bare basic specs. No clue if the thing has a diff Loc. I assume it does have one, but still, its a well kept secret. No idea what the cockpit layout is. No Idea if it has a suspension seat or not. No idea if the hoe has it's own seat or not. No videos on line for it. Nothing. No God Dang information of any kind.

I have to admit, that the prices tossed out are interesting. The Size seems like it would be appealing. But exactly what I feared turned out to be the case. The dealers are not really Dealers. The one guy I would consider doing business with, LS Tractors is a sideline distraction from his real business. He dabbles in selling them because,,,, well because he can. Very little in the way of knowledge about them. And although he does have a service department, it's set up for the purpose of working on heavy equipment. They will work on the LS Tractors if they need to. But it's not their real gig. All that is reason enough to make me walk away. Yet I am still feeling a bit of draw. The tractors he did have on the lot are RUGGED. I don't doubt the quality of the tractors. And the J seems like it might have real potential. But I can't freaking get any more information on it. And Unless someone has one at the upcoming tractor show at the fair grounds, I would not even be able to look at one prior to paying for it. And buying a tractor sight unseen is just NOT going to happen. So even though a bit of enthusiasm was stoked within me for the J, it is likely that all of the negatives in the support has sealed the deal. Just too many unknowns, and the dealer does not exactly instill confidence.

Does anyone own one of these J series? I can't find a review or a video or anything in the way of testimonials.
Yes dealer support can be lacking. I have seen both J models at a recent addition to the LS dealer network here in ohio. Cutter power sales. I'm on my phone at the moment but if you use my zip 44444 in the LS site, it will bring up the dealer contact info.
Yes as I recall, the J series does have a diff lock. The dealer i mentioned above had a backhoe attatched to the larger of the 2 models. He had one of each plus a g3033 when i was there. No idea if he whould ship. Two dealers i can recomend that do ship anywhere and are very helpfull are rco tractor out of texas and smith's enterprise out of NC. Both dealers have been with LS for at least as long as LS began selling non rebadged equip.
Good luck in your search.

/ J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #3  
Sent you a private message

/ J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers.
Thanks for the replies so far. I spoke with a guy in Indiana that sells these tractors. Seems like a pretty nice guy for the 30 min we spoke. Id still want to see one in person. But if I bought one from Indiana, or even RCO in Texas, who from what I gather is like the KING LS dealer in the US, that still does not leave me much in the way of local service. The guy in weedsport may work on the tractor, but honestly, what kind of service he can or will render is unknown. G3033H just shared a story with me that,,,,,,, well lets just say it supports all of my fears and then some.

/ J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #5  
I own a J2030H tractor. As I understand it they havent been around for ever like deere, so I wouldnt expect to find a dealer soley dedicated to repairing them. Its a tractor, if you can fix a deere, you can fix a LS in my opinion. I agree with you though, I looked/drove a J2020H before I ordered my 2030. They are the same chasis, just different hp. Ive got under 5hrs, had my issues already.

Well, I finally found someone that posted some of the best pictures yet of the J series. 14 of them, on Tractorhouse. It was the J2020H 2012. Even a short video at the end. I have to say, the cockpit lay out looks pretty good, from what I can see. It has a rocker pedal for forward reverse, which kind of was a surprise. Now I like the rocker pedal on my fathers Kubota Lawn Mower. But, the pedal is set up so you can res your heal on the deck. Once you get used to that set up, I found it second nature. But the rocker on the J series LS looks to be an "In Line" set up. Your foot rests on the rocker pedal all of the time you are operating the tractor. Again, from what I can make out. Id certainly want to drive the tractor to see what its like. But the size,,, OH GOD the size is just perfect. I am really pumped about the size. Something else I "Think" I saw, was a PTO switch, like the JD has. One of the few things I like about the JD tractors. It does have a Diff Loc I saw, and its a heal pedal. That kind of sux. I don't know why this is such a popular position. MF has it right on the GC. Though I noticed today while I was out at the Massey Dealer again that the 1500 series has this configuration also. So much potential on the surface, held back by crummy dealerships. I do hope someone has one at the show.

I own a J2030H tractor. As I understand it they havent been around for ever like deere, so I wouldnt expect to find a dealer soley dedicated to repairing them. Its a tractor, if you can fix a deere, you can fix a LS in my opinion. I agree with you though, I looked/drove a J2020H before I ordered my 2030. They are the same chasis, just different hp. Ive got under 5hrs, had my issues already.

Well, do tell. What are the Issues? Give us some kind of review so far, There is NOTHING I have been able to find in the way of testimonials. Although you are the second person in this thread to express issues EARLY in ownership.

Last edited:
   / J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #8  
Well, do tell. What are the Issues? Give us some kind of review so far, There is NOTHING I have been able to find in the way of testimonials. Although are the second person in this thread to express issues EARLY in ownership.

I just posted about it in a new thread. As for the pedal, its big. I have a 11+ boot size and I dont just rock my foot. I step forward to go forward and move my foot back to push down to go back. You might be able to just work it without moving your foot, but I have limited ankle movement so I use it like I explained. I have a few photo's of mine, but nothing real close. It does have a diff lock, but you have to hold it down. It doesnt have independent rear brakes, which likely isnt a big deal. I was lifting the front wheels and using the bucket to back blade snow away from the house and thought, dang would be nice to have independent rear brakes to be able to steer. lol

/ J2030H, Lack of Information from anywhere, Including dealers. #9  
Why would you suddenly be interested in what you've described as "primitive economy tractors"?

Besides, in another thread (that you turned into a flame war) you said "I'm a Massey guy"....right?

Somewhere in upstate NY, an axe is begging to no longer be ground.

My dealer (who is excellent) has some good pictures.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6645375

Status
Not open for further replies.