J2030H assembly issues?

/ J2030H assembly issues? #1  

Kenn1320

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS2030H
I have less then 5hrs on my new tractor. I have had a few issues with things either not being tight, or coming loose. Id say by the lack of dented paint, they were not tight to begin with. Here is a short video I sent to LS. The hydraulic valve for the loader is held on with 2 bolts, one of my bolts no longer has a nut/washer on it and the other is very loose. There are 3 knobs that hold the lower dash housing on, one of them fell off. I was plowing snow in the dark and luckily felt it under my foot. At first I thought it was a pine cone, lucky I didnt kick it. And lastly the wire hook that holds your top link when you dont have an attachment, well tractor showed up without it. Oh also the parking brake has a lock on it so you can set it and get off the tractor. One day it just stopped working. I got off the tractor and played around and it worked again. I havent crawled under the tractor to see if the lever is loose or what, but after finding the other loose things, its probably an easy fix.
The video quality isnt great, sorry used my cell phone.
[video]http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/kenn1320/media/Tractor/j2030h_zpsd81a11f1.mp4.html[/video]

/ J2030H assembly issues? #2  
I do not say this as poking fun, but it sounds like a Craftsman, vibrating itself into oblivion. This is disappointing to hear really. I don't know about everyone else, but I "Want" to love this tractor. But this is the second time I have heard negative things in the early hours of ownership. So far,,,, nada on the positive side.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #3  
Sounds to me like it could possibly be a dealer issue more than a manufacturing issue. Honestly, I would feel that its the dealers job to make sure everything is tight on your tractor when its prepped for delivery. Does the tractor feel like its vibrating excessively when its running??

/ J2030H assembly issues? #4  
I agree with mangus. Sounds to me like it wasn't thoroughly prepped prior to delivery. I've got over 100 hrs on my R3039H, and haven't had anything come loose. And I work mine hard. I'd be giving my dealer a call!

/ J2030H assembly issues?
I contacted the dealer prior to contacting LS. Those items are not dealer installed, and the dealer told me it had the top link hook cause he used my tractor to load all the implements I bought onto the trailer. When I sent the email to LS, this was their reply.

Dear Mr. *****,

Thank you for your choosing LS Tractor and your input on the J2030H.

This information should be forwarded to our engineering side and reviewed completely.

Again thank you for your feedback and please contact your dealer or LS Tractor if there is any question.

Regards,

Huey Kim

LS Tractor USA, LLC.

T252-984-4045

Its clear to me they realize its an assembly issue and not a dealer issue. I didnt notice the joystick was loose till I leaned on it. Using it you dont notice its loose and I wouldnt expect the dealer to have caught it if its not a common problem.

Last edited:
   / J2030H assembly issues? #6  
Certainly hasn't been the case for the larger LS models if the reviews, and feedback online are near close to accurate. I've done nothing to my R4047H in the first 40 hours of use other than add fuel.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #7  
At least you got an email. I've picked up multimillion dollar aircraft from the factory, flew them home and within 50 flight hours had to replace parts priced in the hundreds of thousands. The answer from that company, not our problem (one part "not in our contract to provide warrant", one part "signed for it").
I'd be curious to see how they handle it. I hope it's as easy as you got a tractor made before break time or a holiday. QC can't catch everything. I wish you the best and hope this doesn't sour your LS experience.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #8  
Certainly hasn't been the case for the larger LS models if the reviews, and feedback online are near close to accurate. I've done nothing to my R4047H in the first 40 hours of use other than add fuel.

I agree totally.. My G3038H has been tight.. Maybe my dealer just did a thorough job of making sure my rig was good to go when he delivered it..??

/ J2030H assembly issues? #10  
Did your tractor come from the factory , or another dealer ? From the factory these tractors arrive in crates and there is some final assy . at the dealer . The loader is another crate and is dealer assembled . Whomever did the assy. did not do a very good job . Iwould be making a phone call and might not be real polite if I didn't get some answers .