New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #1  

Singalo

Gold Member
LS J2030/2020 Backhoe information.

OK, So In the last thread that was locked, The Kubota dealer at the end of the thread mentioned that on their B tractors, when people want to run a TLB package with a MMM, they suggest going with a Woods BH, that is a 4 point mounting system and does not impinge on mounting the MMM. Well, that sounded like a darn reasonable solution. (Kubota guys at the show maybe should have mentioned that, but what evs)

So, Now we are looking into the possibility of going this route with the J. Woods makes a BH6000 for Sub Compacts/Compacts, that is a bit lesser BH spec wise then the LS model. However, early signs are that this hoe is compatible with the New Holland Boomer 25, with the New Holland loader. However, the next model up is the BH70, which is a dang nice hoe, boasting pretty much more of everything over the LS model. This is a 7' hoe, and is rated for 18 to 40 PTO HP Tractors. And you can get it in Vibrant Blue. If this is compatible with the J, it could be a perfect solution to alleviate the swap out issue. I will update when I have a confirmation or not, and a price tag and difference between the LS BH and the Woods.

Last edited:
   / New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread.
Interim Update.

It is looking like the Woods BH6000 has a mounting kit that will work on the J. I was speaking with a woods representative on the phone and I asked about the lack of a seat on the BH6000. He noted that this model would come with the components necessary to convert the stationary seat on either the Boomer25 or the J to a swivel style.

EDIT:

Turns out the BH6000 is a pretty close match up to the LS BH. The woods does not have quite as nice of a swing arc, but everything else is pretty close, with the bucket digging force of the BH6000 being roughly 140LB of digging force greater. Further, the Dipper digging force stated on the LS Brochure states 1748 LBS. I am starting to think that this is a mistake. All of the other BH's I have seen, including the one that the Boomer25 uses, (910GH) have substantially less power. The LS is posting roughly 600 LBS more digging force. I think something is amiss here. The Woods matches up nicely to the 910GH on the Boomer 25, with the woods having a slight 30LB advantage. The BH on the Massey GC1710 is a closer match to the LS BH, Boomer25 BH then I previously was giving credit for. In any case, the Woods BH6000 is looking like it has the largest advantage overall in power. Not to mention it's mounting system. The BH6000 can be had on EBAY with tractor specific mounting kit for just under $5300 + shipping. Edit, this includes the components to change your stationary seat to a swivel seat. I will let you know what my dealer comes up with.

Another option, that is looking like it won’t be an option due to the lack of a mounting kit, is the BH70. Woods states that this BH can be used on tractors of HP between 18-40. Depending on where you are reading that information, it is unclear if they mean engine HP or PTO HP. I have seen it expressly stated as PTO HP in some places, and simply HP in others. In any case, the BH70 boasts better specs then the LS model. In actuality, its probably more BH than the J is tractor. Still, of the two options, I would much prefer more power then less. Woods is discussing the possibilities with the engineering department, which gives me a bit of hope. But I was told that even if they could mate the BH70 to the J, that a Kit would not likely be coming forth anytime soon, unless I wanted to mount it Via 3pt hitch, which I do not.

I will let you know more when I have it.

Last edited:
   / New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #3  
Check your warranty if using something other than factory OEM equipment. One TBN member broke part of his tractor(don't remember the brand in this case) and they voided the warranty because he was using a Woods hoe and not the one furnished as OEM equipment. Just something to be aware of. In the case mentioned, the dealer installed the Woods hoe but tractor company wouldn't stand to the warranty saying that they specifically warned not to use the different hoe but obviously the dealer was not aware or didn't care.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #4  
Check your warranty if using something other than factory OEM equipment. One TBN member broke part of his tractor(don't remember the brand in this case) and they voided the warranty because he was using a Woods hoe and not the one furnished as OEM equipment. Just something to be aware of. In the case mentioned, the dealer installed the Woods hoe but tractor company wouldn't stand to the warranty saying that they specifically warned not to use the different hoe but obviously the dealer was not aware or didn't care.

Did the Hoe cause the damage? If not they cannot refuse warranty.

Thanks for the heads up, I will be certain to ask about this. Bob at Paige Equipment will be handling the order and the install if the Woods is the way I go, which it is looking more and more likely that will be the case. I will be sure to make sure where the warrantee stands with this BH. Also, I posted an edit to correct some information in my original post. It is looking like the BH70x is indeed more BH then the J/Boomer25 is tractor. There was a bit of confusion regarding the dipper digging force as posted by LS. Taking that into account, the BH6000 is looking like the top dog power wise, but it's a bit stunted in all the dimension categories.

Last edited:
   / New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #6  
How did you manage to get another thread locked????

LOL

Seems habit forming for you!

Also note - you may want to retitle this thread if you can, to 'J series Backhoe Info' or something like that. Makes it easier in the future for someone to come up with the info they are looking for ;-)

Apparently Muhammed didn't like what I said to the Kubota dealer, and they locked it. But what I said was true, and my sentiments were as well. If TBN don't like how I say it, tough.

Last edited:
   / New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #8  
Did the Hoe cause the damage? If not they cannot refuse warranty.
According to the one posting it, they did refuse the warranty claiming that the Woods hoe mounts were insufficient to prevent damage to the tractor. IIRC the mounting bolts broke out a chunk of the tractor belly where it was attached, basically pretty much totaled the tractor as everything in the frame from the engine back had to be replaced.
In case you haven't heard, manufacturers can refuse warranty work on just about any reason and due to their deep pockets can make it nearly impossible for you to win the case if you try legal recourse. NOW he likely had a good case for suing the dealership who installed it but not the company who built it. Probably even pull Woods into it also for improper design of the frame supports but that wont put a tractor in his garage for months or years.

According to the one posting it, they did refuse the warranty claiming that the Woods hoe mounts were insufficient to prevent damage to the tractor. IIRC the mounting bolts broke out a chunk of the tractor belly where it was attached, basically pretty much totaled the tractor as everything in the frame from the engine back had to be replaced.
In case you haven't heard, manufacturers can refuse warranty work on just about any reason and due to their deep pockets can make it nearly impossible for you to win the case if you try legal recourse. NOW he likely had a good case for suing the dealership who installed it but not the company who built it. Probably even pull Woods into it also for improper design of the frame supports but that wont put a tractor in his garage for months or years.

I WILL DEF be looking into the warranty issues if the woods looks like that is the way I want to go. I will be sure to post the response from the dealer when we have broached this.

/ New EVEN FRESHER LS J info than the First Fresh Info Thread. #10  
All good info.