R4041 Loader Issue LB4101

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #21  
I watched your video and mine is the same. I agree with Brian, but I also think a lot of that can be adjusted out Not sure for sure but I am going to try on mine, I just don't like the cold any longer! I think if the linkage (under the boot at the joystick) and the cable are lubed up and the operation is smoother the dual operation will be better. I am not positive and I have been wrong before well ok I was right once!

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #22  
This is 100% combination operator and loader joystick. These joysticks are not really intended to be used as a multifunction (same time) setup IMO. Your video shows this as in sometimes it works and others not. That is the operater, but not that it is the operater's fault really. The valves just are not intended to be used simutainiusly is all.

One of the reasons that I think that it's funny when people want a true 3rd function on these tractors vs just a diverter. They think that they want to work 3 functions at the same time when in reality it is about all you can do to get 2 to work together.

On the positive side, there isn't anything wrong with the tractors. :thumbsup:

While I'm not perfect, and I'm not adverse to placing blame on myself if/when warranted.... I'm pretty good with a loader. The very fact that other tractor brands don't have this issue (that I've experienced anyhow) shows that either something is wrong, OR that the design of the system, or joystick, is flawed. It should not be that difficult to find the spot.

I'm still wondering if it's only some, or all, of us experiencing this.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal... Until you're trying to be really precise with forks.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #23  
OK. I'm not experiencing the "limp bucket" problem LOL... But I'm wondering how many other owners notice the issues with dual-action loader movements? Hansen, if u get a chance, can you play with the ones on your lot and see if they do it?

Like I said, I can lift the arms AND curl at the same time, and I can lower the arms AND drop the bucket simultaneously... Although it's sometimes difficult to find just the right spot.
I can't recall if I've ever been able to lift the arms AND drop the bucket simultaneously (or drop & curl)...

And like I said, my Kioti didn't have the issue, neither does my buddy's (2) Kubota's. That's why I feel it's either a problem with my tractor, or a problem with the design.

Maybe it's just the joystick itself? Is there a way for me to check if the pressure is up to spec, or does the dealer need to? I'm not really concerned with increasing the pressure to gain more strength, I'm happy with that as it is. Just trying to troubleshoot. Hey, maybe the limp bucket is caused by an un-full oil reservoir, or maybe the reservoir is too small for this loader?

I just checked a couple of machines in the yard. I can do two functions at once but I do notice a spot that the lever feels as it lets one spool to be favored over the other one. I beleive it is the way the handle is supported with the fixed ball and the two cables also support the cable with spring tension. But it is not very noticeable or as bad as your machine. I would make sure your handle is centered by pushing the lever lock in. The lock should go in with out moving the handle. If not the handle is not adjusted correctly. Also make sure the fixed ball is tight in the block. Do you have any play in the cables? To check the pressure you need a gauge with a min pressure of 3000 lbs and a matched coupler to plug into the loader lift hose. Hope that helps

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #24  
While I'm not perfect, and I'm not adverse to placing blame on myself if/when warranted.... I'm pretty good with a loader. The very fact that other tractor brands don't have this issue (that I've experienced anyhow) shows that either something is wrong, OR that the design of the system, or joystick, is flawed. It should not be that difficult to find the spot.

I'm still wondering if it's only some, or all, of us experiencing this.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal... Until you're trying to be really precise with forks.

I believe that the mechanism is the main culprit. I know that with both of my Mahindras that KMW the manufacturer of most of Mahindra's loaders says that the valves are not multifunctional. On my 7520 it operates pretty much as your video and yet with my 3215 it works fairly well. Yet niether are even close to the quality of our 580 Case TLB. :(

It is what it is, and unless someone wants to spend some $$$$, I doubt that it is going to get much better. We usually get what we pay for. ;)

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101
Well back to the bucket sway at full dump..I went out today and tried to duplicate the issue and could not. It worked as it should with no sway. Could this be because the hyd oil was cold? When I noticed the issue the other day I had been using the tractor for over an hour and the hyd oil was up to operating temp. Any thoughts? I also tried several dual function operations that are being discussed here too. I was able to do several but as expected.. the movement of bucket and arms was considerably slower. I think its normal when using two circuits at same time that both will get reduced flow as opposed to using normal single circuit operation.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #26  
My P 7010 does this also and is quite a delay when engine is idling, so I don't think there is a problem with linkage just oil flow as Hansen Equipment explained.
Re-thinking this, I don't think mine did this when new either. Have to remember to check for slack when I roll it down and see if it is in the pins or cylinder. It could be a loose nut inside the cylinders causing it or the pins may be worn, but mine only has 79 hours on it and it has always been well greased, so it should not be worn.
If the cylinder moves back and forth then it has some slack internally and could be the nut has backed off that holds the piston on the rod.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #27  
Re-thinking this, I don't think mine did this when new either. Have to remember to check for slack when I roll it down and see if it is in the pins or cylinder. It could be a loose nut inside the cylinders causing it or the pins may be worn, but mine only has 79 hours on it and it has always been well greased, so it should not be worn.
If the cylinder moves back and forth then it has some slack internally and could be the nut has backed off that holds the piston on the rod.

Gary , would it have that slack with 1 cylinder piston nut backed off ? I would have thought the other cylinder would have kept it from moving so much.I think mine is as Hansen Equip descibed, because mine seems to do it more with the heavy grapple on than with an empty bucket, but it does do it with both.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #28  
Hi everyone. I too experience exactly the same things. Thanks, now I understand how it happens.

/ R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #29  
I just checked mine and I think the problem is in the linkage for the self-leveling action. I can let my bucket hang down and move it back and forth. There is about 1/8" of slack in the hole and appears that it was cut too big for the pin. I will go out an take a photo of the area for you guys to check yours.
You can see the slight gap at the top in the grease mark and it is about like that all the way around which while not being a lot of difference, it allows the bucket to move a minimum of 2-3" back and forth by hand at the cutting blade level

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 129
   / R4041 Loader Issue LB4101 #30  
I just checked mine and I think the problem is in the linkage for the self-leveling action. I can let my bucket hang down and move it back and forth. There is about 1/8" of slack in the hole and appears that it was cut too big for the pin. I will go out an take a photo of the area for you guys to check yours.
You can see the slight gap at the top in the grease mark and it is about like that all the way around which while not being a lot of difference, it allows the bucket to move a minimum of 2-3" back and forth by hand at the cutting blade level
Any one else have slack around this bracket. While it isn't a lot of slack, it does allow quite a bit of movement in the bucket