60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back)

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
If someone's already posted this, sorry for the repeat...

I've been complaining about the seat not sliding back far enough so I looked at it today. Very easy fix.

Grab a #13 socket. Pull the seat forward. Unscrew the bolt holding the "stop bracket" right at the front of the rails (unscrews from the bottom). The bracket falls off. Replace the bolt (so u don't lose it). There's one bracket on each side.

Enjoy several more notches of leg room!

ForumRunner_20130308_133100.png

ForumRunner_20130308_133111.png

ForumRunner_20130308_133128.png

ForumRunner_20130308_133142.png

ForumRunner_20130308_133206.png

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #2  
I got to wonder what function those two pieces had and what bad thing is going to happen now that you took them out.

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back)
I got to wonder what function those two pieces had and what bad thing is going to happen now that you took them out.

My guess is that they're there to keep the seat from going all the way back and hitting or rubbing against the fuel tank. However, there's a thin metal cross bracket behind the seat that also protects it...

I'm thinking the "stop brackets" were an initial fix to prevent it, and that the cross bracket was added later.

The new Holland version seat goes back further, like mine does now. I'd have to go inspect one, but I'm guessing they just use the rear cross bracket, and not the seat rail stop tabs

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #4  
what bad thing is going to happen now that you took them out.
I heard you gain 5 HP when you remove the bolts, he should be able to pop a wheelie now...lmao

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #5  
I heard you gain 5 HP when you remove the bolts, he should be able to pop a wheelie now...lmao
:laughing:That would depend on the operators mass of the ***** ratio.

Yeah, it was a silly question... Hopefully he was joking.

Just wait until I adjust the flux capacitor bolts!

:D

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #7  
I'm about 6 feet tall and no trouble on the P7010C, I cant move it all the way back or I cant reach the steering wheel comfortably.

I'm about 6 feet tall and no trouble on the P7010C, I cant move it all the way back or I cant reach the steering wheel comfortably.

Your 7010 is just a tiny bit bigger than mine... Plus it's a cab model. Very likely you have more operators room than my little tractor ;)

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #9  
If someone's already posted this, sorry for the repeat...

I've been complaining about the seat not sliding back far enough so I looked at it today. Very easy fix.

Grab a #13 socket. Pull the seat forward. Unscrew the bolt holding the "stop bracket" right at the front of the rails (unscrews from the bottom). The bracket falls off. Replace the bolt (so u don't lose it). There's one bracket on each side.

Enjoy several more notches of leg room!

View attachment 307056

View attachment 307057

View attachment 307061

View attachment 307062

View attachment 307063

done on my 30 series less than 60 sec. ........ on the 30 and 40 series leg room is tight to say the least my wife has no problem being 5' 5" me being 6 foot plus really a *****

Jeff

/ 60 second seat seat adjustment fix (extending it back) #10  
I have to remember to look for that stop on mine. I don't recall it having one though. Does your seat back tilt? While working on mine when the bracket broke last summer, I accidently hit the almost hidden lever and it folded forward and took me an hour looking for the darn lever to move it back. I even removed the seat from the tractor, disassembled it again thinking I had assembled it wrong and still didn't find the lever till I finally got it back in the tractor and was trying to move it around again and hit the lever again.