Opinion on backhoe for 4047

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #21  
I have no interest in another brand of BH other than LS. All I wanted to know is what I could expect for a ballpark price from an LS dealer. Yeah.. I could call my dealer for a price..but.. How many people have bought a car from the first dealer and the first price offered? Everybody has price shopped. I am a loyal LS customer and its not like they have 5 dealers within 50 miles from my location like green or orange. I have 1 dealer near me.. about 30miles then 75 for the next one. I bought from the 75 one.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #22  
Does anyone else get tired of trying to find online what some product is going for and seeing: "call for price?"

It's almost like many merchants feel they have some reason to keep us ignorant.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #23  
Does anyone else get tired of trying to find online what some product is going for and seeing: "call for price?"

It's almost like many merchants feel they have some reason to keep us ignorant.

No body is being ignorant, or is trying to trick anbody by making them call.
It is against a dealers contract to advertise anthing other than MSRP on the Web, TV, radio,or national papers. That is why you see call for a price. Nobody sells for MSRP and it would be a waist of time for a dealer because the MSRP is high. The companys want to be represented properly and keep things fair for dealers to set regional prices. A used or demo machines is a differnt story. Sometimes you will see a monthly payment or a package with a trailer etc. The package deal is wrong also, many agreements say that the price of the package needs to be more than the tractors MSRP. Most are not. Also some companys do not want you to advertise there tractor with a different brand attachment on it. But yes I do find it a pain when I am looking at a new truck or trailer and want to know what I cant afford.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #24  
No body is being ignorant, or is trying to trick anbody by making them call.
It is against a dealers contract to advertise anthing other than MSRP on the Web, TV, radio,or national papers. That is why you see call for a price. Nobody sells for MSRP and it would be a waist of time for a dealer because the MSRP is high. The companys want to be represented properly and keep things fair for dealers to set regional prices. A used or demo machines is a differnt story. Sometimes you will see a monthly payment or a package with a trailer etc. The package deal is wrong also, many agreements say that the price of the package needs to be more than the tractors MSRP. Most are not. Also some companys do not want you to advertise there tractor with a different brand attachment on it. But yes I do find it a pain when I am looking at a new truck or trailer and want to know what I cant afford.

My LS dealer openly advertises actual sales prices on tractors, and said that LS does not have a policy against it. They also sell Kioti, and do not advertise prices, because Kioti won't allow it. Since they won't advertise Kioti prices, it's pretty obvious they're not just disregarding rules about this sort of stuff.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #25  
Well, I guess I am more ignorant even than I thought. Ignorant enough to think I should possibly be informed. What was I thinking? :duh:

I have been seeing the "call for price" thing even on used merchandise held by dealers quite a lot.

If I do find a price, it's likely to be in pounds, sterling.

Obviously, I'm not speaking specifically of LS dealers.

Anyway, it would be nice if the consumers might become their own consumer advocate group. I don't think anyone else will be looking out for us with as much dedication.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047
Wow, this thread took an unintended turn. I am the OP, and I was looking for opinions on the LS backhoe for the 4041 or 4047.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #27  
Wow, this thread took an unintended turn. I am the OP, and I was looking for opinions on the LS backhoe for the 4041 or 4047.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of forums....threads can get diverted, and we don't really own them once started. At least in this case, the turn happened after you made your decision, so it's sort of a moot point. :)

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #28  
Being the owner of an R 4010 (much the same as a 4041), and having had a thought toward buying an LS backhoe, I was extremely interested in not only the performance issues, but also how much I might expect it to set me back. Both would be pertenent to forming opinions on which backhoe would be the one I might want.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #29  
Note, there will always be variations in what dealers pay for equipment....shipping costs, etc, etc, so you can't necessarily translate this number to your local dealer, but mine just quoted me $6,350 for the LB2101 backhoe with an 18" bucket. I'm actually considering one because I have a number of upcoming projects....culverts, footers, water lines, etc.

Your mileage may/will vary.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #30  
Note, there will always be variations in what dealers pay for equipment....shipping costs, etc, etc, so you can't necessarily translate this number to your local dealer, but mine just quoted me $6,350 for the LB2101 backhoe with an 18" bucket. I'm actually considering one because I have a number of upcoming projects....culverts, footers, water lines, etc.

Your mileage may/will vary.

Ooohhhh.... I know where I can borrow a Backhoe now! :D

I'm hoping to buy a 3pt stump grinder this year, we can swap if/when needed!

:thumbsup:

Sent from my Motorola Smartphone w/ TractorByNet for Android