Opinion on backhoe for 4047

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #1  

Bocephous

Gold Member
Tractor
LS 4047H
I'm kicking around the idea of getting a backhoe for my 4047. If anyone here has a hoe on their 4041 or 4047 I'd like to know what they think of it. And how it compares to other hoes on other tractors they've owned or operated.

P.S. I'm not interested in buying a mini-excavator or a dedicated tlb.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #2  
I have the LS hoe on my 4047. It does a fair job for what it is , it has a 18" bucket and I'm on sandy ground. I have dug up quite a few stumps and as long as time isnt an issue its fine.

I have lots of hours on case 580s and 50'000 lb class excavators, and it's been a change getting used to the weaker hydraulics but it will get the job done.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047
Have you had any mechanical issues with it, BH? Any inherent weaknesses that you've been able to identify? We've got rocky clay that passes as soil here, and the backhoes main job would be to dig ditches on our property. There are about 100 other things I see as I'm walking around that it would be good for, too.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #4  
I snagged the bucket cylinder hose on a root the other day and broke that , of course that was all me , it's a good unit , I think for your ground I'd want a 12" bucket . I have had the joystick steady mounts loosen up on them , nothing that 10 minutes and some locktite couldnt cure. I also had to reset the relief valve on it .other than keeping the subframe bolts tight no other problems.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #5  
Bladehauler.. Is that BH a 3pt mount or is it subframe? Do you have the loader on when BH is on? I thought the subframe of the loader would interfere with the BH subframe? If you dont mind me asking.. about how much would that backhoe cost for my 4041?

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #6  
The backhoe is a subframe style it interfaces with the front loader support structure. i bought mine is a package deal but I believe the backhoe was about 6 to 7000 extra

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #7  
There are several 3 point ones (used) on Craigslist in my area, ranging from $1500-3000. Would they be OK, being that they don't use a factory subframe mount?

Sent from my Motorola Smartphone w/ TractorByNet for Android

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #8  
I have 0 experience with 3pt hoes. I would want to try it out 1st to see if everything works

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047
I called Hansen Equipment yesterday and ordered the backhoe attachment. It should be in just before next weekend.

/ Opinion on backhoe for 4047 #10  
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?