LS R4041

/ LS R4041
he only had the shuttel in 4041 probly wont sleep for the next few lol, first
thing remove the seat stops, thanks for that 1 :thumbsup:

/ LS R4041 #14  
Its actually the same motor bolt for bolt. 47 comes from factory with injectors turned up a bit to get the extra 6hp out of the 41 motor.

Check the specs for bore and stroke. In 2010, the R4020 (47 HP) had a longer stroke than the R4010 (41 HP). These two became the 4041 and 4047 the next year. My manual is for 2010. So, you might be correct, and they got the horsepower a different way the next year.

/ LS R4041 #16  
I am wondering if Fred Flintstone got the two feet drive option????

Yabba dabba doo!

/ LS R4041 #17  
The way I look at it, when they are getting more horsepower from the same basic engine, the cost will be in wear. That's why I preferred to go with the lower HP. In the case of the 4010/4020 or 4041/4047, it is a longer stroke.

It can actually work the opposite way in some situations. To do the same job (load, speed, etc) the engine with more power won't have to turn as fast, or will be turning the same speed, at a lower manifold pressure, so the wear will actually be less. RPM and MP are directly related to wear rates when the conditions are the same.

If the engines have different bore and stroke specs, all that goes out the window.

/ LS R4041
delevery between 330/4 tomorrow :D

/ LS R4041
whare would i get the hooks to weld onto the bucket? im really hoping the ls works out. im on the taller
side and my complaint has been lack of room in the seat, have to pull the stops and see how that works out.
But looking forward to putting the 4041 to work