LS R4041

/ LS R4041 #1  

fredflintstone

Silver Member
Tractor
cub cadet LS4140
Howdy been learning a lot reading postings on ls tractors since they are a new brand to me
and ive recently stoped to look one over a R4041 seems well built runs smooth, the syncro
might take a bit to get used too altough i feel a bit cramped in the seat as it needs to go back further
but the dealer has offered it to me for 18.5 wich seems like a vary good price but im thinking this
is more tractor than i need any thoughts

/ LS R4041 #2  
   / LS R4041 #4  
The 4041 with HST would be a nice sized all around use tractor for a one tractor family, not too big but enough power and weight to handle big round bales of hay if you need to. I have the gear transmission with shuttle on my P7010 and while functional it does tire out the clutch foot after several hours of use and HST is not offered in that size but they do have a power shuttle now which is good but wasn't offered when I bought mine. If I was looking for a tractor now, it would be the 40XX series or the U5030 for a more power. I have $60K tied up in tractors but it suits all my needs from big heavy traction needs to my little toy B26 with the backhoe, I can do about anything needed

/ LS R4041 #5  
You can never get more tractor than you need. Once you buy it, you'll want more :)

/ LS R4041 #6  
You can never get more tractor than you need. Once you buy it, you'll want more :)

Agreed 100%

I debated heavily over the 3039 & 4041. I was worried that the 40 series frame was too big of a tractor for me. Boy am I glad I went with the 40 series. And now that I've had it for a little while, I can actually see myself wanting 2 step up to the 50 series eventually.

If you are stuck between the 41 and the 47, I can honestly say I'm glad I got to the 41 instead of the 47, for the money. As is often found, you will run out of traction long before you will run out of horsepower... I ran into that today while pushing over some trees and brush. Especially for my needs right now, the 41 is more than enough horsepower, and I don't see the extra few horsepower in this same frame size really making that much of a difference.

Now, difference in price between the 41 hand the 47 is less than $1500, so if you have the extra cash, I'm sure the 47 is a good buy, especially considering resale might be better than the 41... But for me, the extra money was not worth it.

/ LS R4041 #7  
The way I look at it, when they are getting more horsepower from the same basic engine, the cost will be in wear. That's why I preferred to go with the lower HP. In the case of the 4010/4020 or 4041/4047, it is a longer stroke.

/ LS R4041 #8  
The way I look at it, when they are getting more horsepower from the same basic engine, the cost will be in wear. That's why I preferred to go with the lower HP. In the case of the 4010/4020 or 4041/4047, it is a longer stroke.

Its actually the same motor bolt for bolt. 47 comes from factory with injectors turned up a bit to get the extra 6hp out of the 41 motor.

/ LS R4041
well looks like first of next week for delivery