R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower?

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower? #1  

GManBart

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 241, Kubota SVL90-2
I've been thinking about a 7' finish mower for my R4047, and someone asked me if LS makes a MMM for it...I didn't know, but I did recall that a mid-PTO was an option. LS didn't have anything on their site, so I went over to the NH site to poke around. They list a MMM for 45hp tractors (84"), but it's not clear which models it works on.

Short version, does anybody know about a MMM for a R4041/4047 or Boomer 40/50?

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower? #2  
I may be mistaken but I thought the mid-pto option was only available for the hydro models. Also, I believe the MMM bracketry would necessitate the removal of the loader subframe mount.

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower?
I may be mistaken but I thought the mid-pto option was only available for the hydro models. Also, I believe the MMM bracketry would necessitate the removal of the loader subframe mount.

You could certainly be right on both....no idea. I doubt I'd go this way, because the price I've heard on the NH MMM is around $2500, and I'd still have to pay for the mid-PTO. In other words, a rear finish mower, of the same size, will cost less.

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower? #4  
if you have a loader you can't mount a belly mower on the 30 or 40 series, would never go back to a belly mower, a rear finish with rear discharge is the way to go no clumping

should be ordering my rear mower in a week or so,

this is the rear mower i thinking of buying, any comments??? heard good thing about them

Caroni, Finish Mower, Estate Mower, Caroni Mower | Agri Supply, 26912

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower? #5  
The Caroni is a good mower. I have a Sitrex SM-180 rear discharge 6 footer on mine. Both are Italian made and when I need parts for mine, I buy Caroni parts from Agi Supply. They are interchangeable. Both have pretty thick steel and are quite heavy. I use mine pretty hard. I traded a 6 foot year old TSC brush hog straight up for the Sitrex which appeared to be about 3 year old. I have only had to replace 1 belt (my fault), a wheel / and fork (again my fault). Get yourself an extra set of blades from Agri also. Try the Gator blades.. they work pretty good at chopping the cuttings up.

/ R4041/4047 Mid Mount Mower?
I don't really plan on buying a MMM, I just wondered based upon being asked that very question.