P7010 turned into P7030

/ P7010 turned into P7030 #21  
Very nice!

/ P7010 turned into P7030
I know you want to toe that disc down the road, but isn't that tractor rated for a much much larger disc?

Yes, it can pull a larger disc, the literature said the disc could be pulled with 55hp in good conditions. But with my heavy clay soil being adjacent to wetlands and the aforementioned road requirement, I went with the size I did. I have way too many places I can show you on my property where equipment has had to be freed from the muck and if you wait until its pretty dry you will be planting the second week of August.
I have found its much easier and faster to make a few more trips around than rounding up people and equipment for "retrieval". There are two holes from last spring that I am turning into small ponds for the ducks where two "real" tractors and a big disc sat for days until a dozer could get them out. I may have gone a little over kill on the tractor but I have enough places for ducks already! :)

/ P7010 turned into P7030 #23  
Yes, it can pull a larger disc, the literature said the disc could be pulled with 55hp in good conditions. But with my heavy clay soil being adjacent to wetlands and the aforementioned road requirement, I went with the size I did. I have way too many places I can show you on my property where equipment has had to be freed from the muck and if you wait until its pretty dry you will be planting the second week of August.
I have found its much easier and faster to make a few more trips around than rounding up people and equipment for "retrieval". There are two holes from last spring that I am turning into small ponds for the ducks where two "real" tractors and a big disc sat for days until a dozer could get them out. I may have gone a little over kill on the tractor but I have enough places for ducks already! :)

Maybe a set of dual rear tires would work for extra flotation. I don't know if you could even put them on the P series tractor though.
The disk might not load you but I bet you can load it up with that 7 tine chisel plow if you sock it in the ground.
I have an 8 foot 3 PH disk that I use with mine. I bought it to use with my 45 HP Yanmar and it weighs about 1500 pounds with the 2 sections of railroad track on it. It no way loads the 7010 but it is as wide as I need for the limited acreage. The think with the 7010 is that I get my small chores done so quickly that I don't put many hours on the machine. Plus I don't run it much over 1500-1800 RPM so the hours don't run up clock hours same as engine hours.

/ P7010 turned into P7030
Could someone explain the power shuttle, as opposed to the regular shuttle shift? I couldn't find an explanation at the LS site.

Not sure if its the same for all series but with the P7030 it's like Brian said, you don't use the clutch for forward or reverse. For loader/grapple/box blade work it will be quite handy, but it takes a little getting used to. And if you forget and push the clutch in and hold it while you are stopped for more than eight seconds, an alarm will sound. Or if you are backing up hill and slipping the clutch a little to hook up with a quick hitch to an attachment the alarm will sound. (If you go past 8 seconds)

If you sit there too long wondering what the heck that alarm is the tractor will shift itself to neutral. My natural reaction when I first heard the alarm was to depress the brake and clutch, when the correct remedy was to shift the shuttle to neutral. Going from forward to reverse WITHOUT depressing the clutch is going to take a little relearning......

As far as other things that are different I don't think the regular shuttle has the same warm-up requirements as the power shuttle. There was a special one page notice in the owners packet along with numerous warnings in the manual about waiting until the neutral "N" stopped flashing before working the tractor, "or bad things could happen".

There's also a high/lo button that you can hit (without using the clutch) located on the regular right side shifter (that you do need to use the clutch to operate) that doubles the forward speeds to 40. And just when I thought 16-20 should suffice! The manual talks about using it when you bog down so I'm sure I'll get some use out of that!

/ P7010 turned into P7030 #25  
Not sure if its the same for all series but with the P7030 it's like Brian said, you don't use the clutch for forward or reverse. For loader/grapple/box blade work it will be quite handy, but it takes a little getting used to. And if you forget and push the clutch in and hold it while you are stopped for more than eight seconds, an alarm will sound. Or if you are backing up hill and slipping the clutch a little to hook up with a quick hitch to an attachment the alarm will sound. (If you go past 8 seconds)

If you sit there too long wondering what the heck that alarm is the tractor will shift itself to neutral. My natural reaction when I first heard the alarm was to depress the brake and clutch, when the correct remedy was to shift the shuttle to neutral. Going from forward to reverse WITHOUT depressing the clutch is going to take a little relearning......

As far as other things that are different I don't think the regular shuttle has the same warm-up requirements as the power shuttle. There was a special one page notice in the owners packet along with numerous warnings in the manual about waiting until the neutral "N" stopped flashing before working the tractor, "or bad things could happen".

There's also a high/lo button that you can hit (without using the clutch) located on the regular right side shifter (that you do need to use the clutch to operate) that doubles the forward speeds to 40. And just when I thought 16-20 should suffice! The manual talks about using it when you bog down so I'm sure I'll get some use out of that!
That sounds like not only a power shift but also a torque amplifier set up, very nice for row crop use where you can just hit the button and cut your speed without throttling back. I had an old greymarket Yanmar with powershift that had 3 powershift gears along with N and R in each of the 4 gears it had. It was very nice as you could use it without ever using the clutch after you got used to it and bump it up or down as the power requirements varied.
Now I kinda wish I had got the power shift in my tractor, but ALAS, I really don't use it that much now that I have most of my property in the shape I want it.

/ P7010 turned into P7030 #26  
My gear model also has the cold oil warning light that tells you to wait till it goes out before using. It only takes a few minutes of light idling around for it to heat up in my mild temps though.