John Deere v. LS

/ John Deere v. LS #1  

captaineddie

Tractor
2013 LS R3039H
Because of neck and back problems, my doctor has told me that I really have no business being on a tractor. I'm interpreting that as "you need to down-size to something smaller." My current tractor is a Mahindra 4110. Right now, I'm primarily looking at the John Deere 2720, but might consider an LS. Unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about LS. Can anyone tell me what the equivalent LS tractor would be? There doesn't seem to be an "apples for apples" choice. (I suppose I will be trading-in my present tractor) Thanks. :)

/ John Deere v. LS #2  
The J2030H (also the NH Boomer 30, made by LS) is close to the 2720. It is a bit smaller in size, but I think the specs are very close. For me, I couldn't get comfortable on the Boomer 30, and the hydro pedal just wasn't comfortable for me. I went with the 2720.

I would also check out the Kubota B2920/B2620 as well.

Best of luck with your health issues.

/ John Deere v. LS
The J2030H (also the NH Boomer 30, made by LS) is close to the 2720. It is a bit smaller in size, but I think the specs are very close. For me, I couldn't get comfortable on the Boomer 30, and the hydro pedal just wasn't comfortable for me. I went with the 2720.

I would also check out the Kubota B2920/B2620 as well.

Best of luck with your health issues.

Thanks for the information and support. I'll have to look over all the specs and try to make a logical choice.

/ John Deere v. LS #4  
Have you considered Yanmar? You're only 40 miles from their U.S. headquarters! (Adairsville) Yanmar is a Japanese company that has made a lot of tractors and engines for John Deere.

My 45hp is really quite comfortable. If its a 31hp tractor you're after you may be interested in their SX3100 or Ex3200.

/ John Deere v. LS #5  
I just bought my first tractor and went with the LS 4041. I'm not sure what LS model best matches the John Deere you are looking at but I found that for the money and standard equipment the LS was by far the best buy for the money. The R series I went with comes standard with 2 sets of rear remotes, a seat that feels like a recliner, and all sorts of bells and whistles. Very strong well built little tractor.

Good luck with your choice ...

/ John Deere v. LS #6  
LS makes several New Holland models (boomer Series), I think they make some Case models also. I believe they started selling their tractors under their own name in 2009.

The LS J series may be similar in specs to the JD.

/ John Deere v. LS #7  
A smaller tractor is not going to be anymore comfortable unless you problem is with getting on and off the tractor. My old massey with large tires at about 10 PSI is much more comfortable them my Kubota B3200 with 20PSI in the rear tires.

/ John Deere v. LS #8  
Without know your exact medical condition I find your doctors advice strange. Bouncing generally is used as a treatment for spinal problems. Jumping on mini trampolines and even horse back riding.

Maybe you just need turf tires :)

Seriously get better soon.

/ John Deere v. LS #9  
Without knowing why (neck & back????) you're being told no tractors, I too would agree that a bigger tractor is far more comfortable. My 75hp Mahindra is much more comfortable than my 32hp Mahindra. I would say that if you put liquid in your tires, you will find that your tractor will ride much much smoother. That is what I found on both of my Mahindra's anyway.

Good luck with whatever it is that you end up doing. ;)

/ John Deere v. LS
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll keep looking at all the various options before I do anything. As far as my doctor is concerned, I shouldn't be on any tractor of any kind. He put a bunch of metal in me and doesn't want his work screwed-up!