Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

Default Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor

After purchasing a Boomer 3040 CVT and having all sorts of problems with the CVT transmission I decided to purchase an LS XR4145 cab tractor Hydro. I have been a loyal New Holland man since my first tractor purchase in 2005. I've owned new TC 24DA, then up to TC 33, Boomer 35, TC 45D all in Hydrostatic and then went to a cab tractor which was the Boomer 3040 CVT this winter after seeing how much an aftermarket cab would cost me for my TC 45D. All of these purchased through the same dealer.. What a mistake the CVT was for my uses which is plowing the driveway and mainly loader work. I will admit that the CVT wasn't bad plowing but man is it terrible with loader work. it would constantly dump the hydraulic pressure when driving into a pile with loader and trying to fill up the bucket. The other issues I had with CVT was the inability to only move the tractor a few inches when needing to get very close to things around the house. I have stayed loyal to New Holland because my local dealer is absolutely top notch (Clinton Tractor). They always took great care of me.. to the point that they dropped off an almost brand new Boomer 3045 for me to use for 8 weeks while they tried to figure out the CVT issues I was having.(this newer CVT also had same problem..) They actually bought the tractor back from me 5 months after I purchased it used because of the issue. Unfortunately they had no used hyrdostatic cab tractors coming in used so I had to go a different route. I hope the LS tractors are holding up ok for everyone because I landed a brand new 45 horse cab tractor for what I paid for my used 2009 Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor. I figure with the warranty it was worth the change. I liked the fact that the loader is rated almost 1,000 lbs more than the comparable boomer tractor and that LS includes 2 sets of rear remotes.

New LS will be arriving just under 2 weeks!

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor

Congrats on the new tractor.

Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

Default Re: Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor

thank you sir. I hope I am happy with it.. like every one else... I just want it to do what its supposed to, nothing more! lol well maybe a little bit extra!

Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

new tractor is coming tomorrow.. hopefully everything works like it should.. I will put it through its paces over the next few days and see how everything works.

Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

So far so good. Tractor runs well! used loader , AC and also brush hogged for 2 hours. So far I'm happy with my decision. I modified the loader joystick by heating it up and bending the joystick back about 3 inches... might mess around with it some more and fine tune the angle of it so I can use the nice arm wrest when doing loader work. I would say the only thing so far that could be better is the loader hydraulics are slow when lifting up the loader. the curl and dump are good speed and going down with loader is good. Only slow on raising up the loader. wonder if there is anything to speed it up... I knew it was slower when I looked at the tractor at dealership but am ok with it since it is rated for almost 1,000 lbs more than comparable boomer loader. I was surprised to get a free rear wiper and I assume a free control for the 3 point arms on the back of the tractor to raise and lower the arms when hooking up implements which works awesome! I didn't notice this feature on the XR 4145H at the dealership.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Not sure what RPM you run but raising the RPM the loader will respond faster.
    Yes, the 3 pt control on the back is nice. My older model did not come with it but I added that feature with some steel brackets. Mine also came with a rear wiper. I also added a radio in the empty factory spot since the speakers and antenna were already there, welded some grab hooks to the loader bucket and bolted on some D-rings for tie down points.
    Glad you are happy with yours.

Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

George, is the wiring already ran to the empty radio compartment? if so, do you know what brand radio will work? As far as RPM, I was running around 2000 or more RPMS when using the loader. I am gonna weld on some tow hooks to the bucket. I have done that on the few previous tractors and they are handy. Where did you install D-rings for tie down points?

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Yes, the radio wiring is in place. I could not find a matching plug so I traced out the wires with a test light and volt / ohm meter and used spade connectors. Here's the link to the wiring I posted a while ago.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/l...ab-models.html

I drilled holes in the brush guard for the D-rings or they could be mounted to the frame right behind the guard. The twisted clevis in back is in the drawbar.

I welded a 2"x2" angle to the top of the bucket for extra strength and welded grab hooks to that. Also drilled and bolted tow hooks on the bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor-dscn1081-medium-jpg   Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor-dscn1101-small-jpg   Just purchased a LS XR4145H cab tractor and sold my Boomer 3040 CVT cab tractor-dscn1094-small-jpg  

Tractor
    2017 LS XR4145H

thank you for the info and the link sir. I will be installing the radio soon and this will definitely help. I was looking for a radio to plug into factory plug but they are way to much money! I will just do what you did. I see walmart has some with bluetooth online for 20-50 dollars. I might grab one of them. I just want hands free calling with the radio. anything at 100.00 or under would be fine though. How are the factory speakers?

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

The factory speakers are just plain jane speakers. They work fine but not much bass quality. IMO they are very good for voice, phone, or talk shows but not much music quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast