hood wont stay up.. part help please

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #1  

platinumaa

hello again all.. i have a r4041.. and the hood doesnt stay up.. actually it never did.. or is it not suppose to? if it is suppose to does anyone know where i can get the new "shock" (i assume thats what its called) that holds it open (see 1st pic)

also, i had the extra hydraulics added so i can use grapples.. is there something i can buy to cover it when the hoses arent attached? or do people just cover with a rag and a rubber band? (see 2nd picture)

thanks!

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #2  
Hi. I have the r4041 and yes the hood stays open on mine. I would bet you could get something that would work from an auto parts store. Seems like it is identical to the parts from a truck camper shell that hold the door/gate open. As far as the other part try a TSC.

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #3  
I want to say I've seen plugs for those in the same aisle at TSC... If not, you could always buy another male & female coupler to pop on while not in use.... fill the back of it with silicone or "great-stuff" foam so it stays clean.

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #4  
Yes, that does look a lot like a prop for a camper shell / rear hatch for station wagons & blazers, so auto parts stores likely would have it. Is there a ball at the bottom that pops off fairly easily?

The Ford 1715 has a prop that looks like this.

Ford New Holland 1715 Tractor Hood Prop | eBay

It is mounted to the right SIDE of the hood. A pin slides up the groove, then there is a little notch that it drops into. Just lift it out of the notch and the hood closes.

Unfortunately, since the bar does slide, there likely wouldn't be room for a center mount on your tractor, so everything would need to be changed for a side mount.

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please
i assume TSC is "tractor supply"?

all great advice.. i appreciate it fellas.. thanks!

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #6  
My hood would not stay open when I bought mine. My dealer got a new lift support for my tractor.

/ hood wont stay up.. part help please #8  
Why wouldn't your dealer just give you a new hood shock under warranty??