I think i broke my tractor

/ I think i broke my tractor #1  

platinumaa

Was grabbing some dirt, throwing in my dump trailer and my wife noticed the bucket wasnt level.. I did some checking and found bolts loose and some sheared clean off, right where arms attach to tractor.. just curious if this has ever happened to anyone.. a common item to break.. think its a warranty item?.. if not im going to assume its expensive..

Thanks in advance for replies

/ I think i broke my tractor #2  
How many hours are on the tractor?

I believe you're supported to check all of those for tightness at the first 50 hour service.

/ I think i broke my tractor #3  
If it is still under warranty contact the dearer and ask them to fix it free of charge. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose, give it a shot.

/ I think i broke my tractor #4  
Your manual (for the loader) should tell you the torque specs and when they should be re-checked. But, yes you need to get your dealer involved ASAP.

/ I think i broke my tractor #5  
It is very common.. its cause in not checking the torque on the bolts.. They loosen up all the time. The dealer should have checked at delivery, you should have checked at delivery, 25 and 50, and every 50 thereafter. Check the wheels too. I have one small bolt tightned up on on the loader about 5 times.. The last time I used red locktite, and stippled it also.

James K0UA

/ I think i broke my tractor #6  
Ive seen this happen on other brand of tractors also. due to what they stated above.

Will be hard pressed to get it repaired under warranty as its up to operator to check and recheck these. Good thing is its easy to fix...and cheap.

Have top remove loader and support arms, then drill and extract broken bolts.

A bolt extractor is cheap and easy to do. Just dont damage threads.

Most buckets remove pretty easily...youll need to consult the manual.

/ I think i broke my tractor #7  
Of all the bolts to check on any tractor, those are pretty much at the top of the list.

/ I think i broke my tractor #8  
I went out and re-torqued mine yesterday, at 137 hours and almost all of the loader bolts moved just a tad. I rechecked the wheel bolts and none of them moved. It looks like the wheels have finally settled in.

James K0UA

/ I think i broke my tractor
well, to provide closer to this post.. after 2 weeks i got my tractor back.. they had to remove the loader arms, carefully remove the broke bolts from inside frame/engine.. buy/install new bolts and reattach arms.. $700

they said it was from bolts getting loose

$700.. i cant complain, a lot less than what i expected.. but its all together and working.. thanks for the replies!

/ I think i broke my tractor #10  
if your happy thats what matters. did they say what the cause was for all them loose bolts?