LS/ McCormick interchangeability

/ LS/ McCormick interchangeability #1  

gonzo2721

Tractor
McCormick CT28
Here's the situation. I bought a new McCormick CT28 in 2010 from a dealer. The long time dealer went out of business a year after I bought it...just my luck.
I am now out of filters for it and am looking for a service manual and a parts manual for it. Seeing LS built this tractor for McCormick and has since discontinued the model, is there an LS model that is the CT28's twin? Can manuals be ordered for the CT28? If not, are there LS manuals that can be used? Thanks for any and all help!

/ LS/ McCormick interchangeability #2  
Gonzo, I know its a little hike from you - but give Paige Equipment a call in Williamson NY. I am sure they can help you out, as they used to sell the McCormick, and now sell LS.

Their # is 315-589-6651

They are located probably 1.5 hours from you (depending on where in Corning you are)

Hope this helps....

/ LS/ McCormick interchangeability #3  
Except for the loader, what I see in pictures of it online looks like it is an LS of the 3*** series.

/ LS/ McCormick interchangeability
Thanks Magnus. I spoke with Mark at the parts desk. He is looking into getting me a parts manual and a service manual. He has filters for it. Had he thinks he knows which LS tractor is my CT28 clone. Fingers crossed

/ LS/ McCormick interchangeability #5  
your tractor is also identical to the new Case farmall 30b or New Holland boomer 30. probably a better chance of having one of them dealers close by with filters in stock. as far as a comparable LS i don't see a direct model on the web site. the s3010 has the same engine as yours (probably the same tractor as the ct28v), but the rest of the tractor is closer to the r3039 which is identical to a CT36, which is the same as the ct28 aside from the longer stroke engine.