Front Axle Oil Level Question

/ Front Axle Oil Level Question #1  

dirt2

Tractor
Farmall H, LS J2030H
So I have a little problem I wanted to ask you guys about. I have about 10 hours on my 2013 J2030H. I checked all ( well not all) the fluid levels after my dealer dropped it off. I used it for about 3 hours mowing and decided to check everything again. On my initial check I neglected to check the front axle oil. So this time I decided to take a look. I noticed that the oil level did not register on the dip stick. So I went to town and bought a quart of 80W-90 gear oil. The manual called for GL4 (80W) but there was none to be found, so I got GL5 80W-90. I proceeded to top it off and off I went. The next day I checked it again and it was the same thing. Not registering on the stick. So I added more and called it good. Now tonight I checked again and it's the same thing.

So far I have added a little less than half a quart. I've checked it over for leaks and it's dry as a bone. I have checked it cold every time. Not sure if that matters or not. I've read and re-read the manual and have seen nothing on checking it when it's warm. I know it has oil in it. I can see it down the fill hole. I just don't want to over fill it either.

What do you guys think?

/ Front Axle Oil Level Question #2  
Sounds like someone may have dropped the ball. I think the dealer needs to come and fill it up for you and put it in writing that any initial wear is potentially their issue, and as the company's agent, LS's too. Though a future failure isn't a given, there is no guarantee it had any oil in it until you know what it takes to get it up to the prescribed full level. If it had been dry for the first hours, then there could be metal working on the seals already. No one should put this on you in any degree.

/ Front Axle Oil Level Question #3  
This seems to be a common issue with new Kubotas and there have been numerous posts on this very topic. The common answer seems to be fill it up and forget about it.