LS.. Still going in production ?

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #1  

Agent Blue

Platinum Member
I bought a NH TC 55 with HSS and could not ask for a better fit. New Holland or its conglomerate shifted production to Korea while changing the model numbers and designation. I asked several sources and no straight answers were returned. Did they keep the shibera engine ? Did the manufacture quality lower ? Did New Holland try to recover its image by taking the one back initially with cab only tractors ? Dealers in my area took an initial inventory of LS. They were deeply discounted and not replaced going back to Boomers. Is the LS still in production ? Information certainly isn't easily available. The only reports are from buyers that received substantial discounts but no follow up on service / parts. Anyone have answers?

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #2  
From what I gather from reading on this site, the LS/NH partnership was a stopgap measure until the tier 4 engines were ready. LS is still in production and growing with new models. The reason the TC got discounted is that it had to compete with the LS going for much less. No worries for me on parts. LS is not a fly by night veture capital/money laundering American buisness scheme. It is a Korean bedrock industry with a home market in a culture that highly values
quality. There is not many complants of breakdowns here on this board. Though were are a small community here on tractorby, we are a talkative bunch.

/ LS.. Still going in production ?
Thanks, For a moment I thought all LS owners were taking a nap. Still curious about the drive train. Is it a Korean manufacture or parts shifted from the parent Italian company ?

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #4  
Thanks, For a moment I thought all LS owners were taking a nap. Still curious about the drive train. Is it a Korean manufacture or parts shifted from the parent Italian company ?

LS was using Mitsubishi engines and also engines built by them with a Mitsubishi license in all there tractors except the P series. Now I have heard the are going to be using Shibaura engines now for the new tier 4.

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #5  
I believe LS is Korean in whole. It is a spin off of LG industries. The drive train is Korean but the parts may be outsourced. It is a globalized economy now.

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #7  
LS was using Mitsubishi engines and also engines built by them with a Mitsubishi license in all there tractors except the P series. Now I have heard the are going to be using Shibaura engines now for the new tier 4.

A few months ago when I bought my P7030 CPS I compared them to the NH 4 series. They have the exact same engines, Italian manufactured Mitsubishi.

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #8  
I thought the New Holland 4xxx had Iveco engines in them. Deerherd I like the looks of your tractor and all the 70XX series. wondering if LS makes an open station in the 75-85 hp range. From what I gather in regards to what I have read on the LS forum that LS seems to be putting out a top notch product as I have not read anything about problems with them. I am saving my pennies and after I harvest this year I may have enough to buy either the 7010 or 7030 either would work for me. Thanks for the discussion. Dave

/ LS.. Still going in production ? #9  
I thought the New Holland 4xxx had Iveco engines in them. Deerherd I like the looks of your tractor and all the 70XX series. wondering if LS makes an open station in the 75-85 hp range. From what I gather in regards to what I have read on the LS forum that LS seems to be putting out a top notch product as I have not read anything about problems with them. I am saving my pennies and after I harvest this year I may have enough to buy either the 7010 or 7030 either would work for me. Thanks for the discussion. Dave

If you look at the latest LS brochure online (2011) it lists the same Iveco engine as the New Holland. When I was looking in the spring and actually driving the tractors they had the Mitsubishi engines, both NH and LS. I looked at the engine plates.

I have had zero problems with mine and if you are going to make the jump, don't even think about not getting a cab, you will regret it!:thumbsup: