3038 new seat?

/ 3038 new seat? #1  

Tarnold

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls 3038h, ford 1900
Got about 3 hrs bushhog'n and this seat has to be improved. I'm about 230lb and compress those puny springs pretty much to the bottom. Talked to the dealer and he suggested his replacements were pretty$$$ and to look at TSC or northern Hyd. Can 't really find anything that will fit without raising the seat position several inches, which I do not need. So has any one swapped out the seat with something that is any more comfortable?

/ 3038 new seat? #2  
You might talk to an auto upholstery shop, see if they can add more padding to the seat.

/ 3038 new seat? #3  
my Dixie choppers have a seat similar to what northern tool sells full suspension seat with lumber and recline adjustment im putting one of them on my 3033 cause im with you on how uncomfortable them factory seats are they sell for about 450.00 but there worth it

/ 3038 new seat? #4  
Keep in mind the operating height (with you in the seat) may be different than the 'sitting still' height on the suspension seats.

/ 3038 new seat?
Dealer wanted $400 for the base and $250 for the seat for a 3039 replacement. Also warned me that a new seat would void my warranty!!!???. Really wanted to argue about how a new seat would affect a broken Hyd hose, but let it go. If you get that new seat mounted, please post a picture and does it change the ride height?

/ 3038 new seat? #6  
I will the great thing about these seats is there height isn't that bad when sitting

/ 3038 new seat? #7  
Dealer wanted $400 for the base and $250 for the seat for a 3039 replacement. Also warned me that a new seat would void my warranty!!!???. Really wanted to argue about how a new seat would affect a broken Hyd hose, but let it go. If you get that new seat mounted, please post a picture and does it change the ride height?

I'd find a different dealer. Apparently your dealer has not heard of the Magnuson-Moss act.:shocked:

Bob

/ 3038 new seat? #8  
I don't mind my factory seat but I have tares on each side and from what I can see they don't offer new covers.

/ 3038 new seat? #9  
Changed my seat on my 3033. Bought a universal suspension seat at atwoods. Very comfortable. 2 holes on the bracket lined up. I had to drill the other 2 holes. Took about 20 Min. Your ride height is higher, because you are no longer sitting on the rear end. Ken

/ 3038 new seat? #10  
Further on the Magnusson- Moss Act from Wikipedia-----Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions----