U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #1  

moosehaven

Tractor
2012 LS U5030
I just finished installing a 3rd function diverter valve on my U5030. I ordered the kit from Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com. Brian does a superb job with this kit plus he is incredibly helpful in answering questions - which I had quite a few of :)

After I mounted the valve body I sent Brian a few pictures and we discussed the types of fittings (straight/90/45) I should use to get a clean hose routing. With this decided I measured the hose lengths and Brian had everything to me a few days later.

I am very impressed with how smooth and quickly the valve changes between the dump/curl and the angle for the plow. With the button on the joystick depressed, a gentle push on the joystick moves the plow slowly and if you push harder it speeds up how fast it angles. All I can say now is bring on the snow!

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 777
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 362
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 360
  • photo 9.JPG
    photo 9.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 465
  • photo 10.JPG
    photo 10.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 390
  • photo 12.JPG
    photo 12.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 596
  • photo 13.JPG
    photo 13.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 805
  • photo 17.JPG
    photo 17.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 372
  • photo 18.JPG
    photo 18.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 967
   / U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #2  
Very clean install. Looks very professional. You are gonna really enjoy this addition. Will come in handy for many attachments.

A little trick for your couplers up front. Put colored zipties on the tractor side and attachment side of the couplers. Makes it simple to get hooked up right the first time!!!

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #3  
Great work! What is the brand or part number for the button handle you slid over the factory FEL control? Is that something that Brian supplied you?

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #4  
Nice looking job. Very clean looking. Hope Brian keeps your list looking to add that to my U5030

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #5  
Great work! What is the brand or part number for the button handle you slid over the factory FEL control? Is that something that Brian supplied you?

That's a Scorpion handle and I think he does stock them. Here's a link to their web site.

Scorpion Technologies LTD.

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #6  
You didn't show us the joystick handle other than the cut you sent. My handle had a removable plate that I drilled out the button spot and installed my button, it wasn't the one that the handle was made for but it worked great. I did have to add a relay in under the dash and let the button control the relay because the DC surge of open and closing the valve took the button out pretty quick it was no big deal just a pain.

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve
Dave,

You're correct - it is a Scorpion handle and Brian supplied it with the kit. The mounting nut for the handle came with a 1/4" hole which I drilled to 9/16", this allowed it to fit over the joy stick shaft. The stock LS grip is glued on, I twisted it off with a pair of channel locks.

photo 14.JPG

I didn't mention this earlier, but the spare 10A fuse on the U5030 has power and is connected to the wiring harness but does not have a wire coming out of the harness. This made hooking it up that much easier.

Great idea on the zip ties Richard - I will certainly add them on.

Thanks for the comments :)

Last edited:
   / U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve #8  
You didn't show us the joystick handle other than the cut you sent. My handle had a removable plate that I drilled out the button spot and installed my button, it wasn't the one that the handle was made for but it worked great. I did have to add a relay in under the dash and let the button control the relay because the DC surge of open and closing the valve took the button out pretty quick it was no big deal just a pain.

Just wondering, was the switch that you changed out a Scorpion switch?

/ U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve
The grip and switch came fully assembled and pre-wired, yes they are made by Scorpion. The only modification I made was to drill out the mounting nut at the base from of the grip assembly so if fit over the shaft.