Air conditioning

/ Air conditioning #1  

lildobr

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Hi, Was wanting to know how well the A.C. unit works on these cab model tractors? Thanks

/ Air conditioning #2  
Bought my U5030C last March. It kept me plenty cool even in 100 degree F weather. Didn't take long to cool down the cab after it had been sitting in the sun for hours, and kept things cool after that without even being on full speed.

/ Air conditioning #3  
The mechanic for my dealer told me that A/C steals about half of the horsepower of my tractor. NO A/C for me. I just open the windows and IF it gets too hot I will take off the doors.

/ Air conditioning #4  
The mechanic for my dealer told me that A/C steals about half of the horsepower of my tractor. NO A/C for me. I just open the windows and IF it gets too hot I will take off the doors.

I think your mechanic may be fibbing a little. I know modern automotive compressors use about 3-5hp to run. I don't know why a tractor compressor would use over twice that value. Do you know what type of compressor your tractor has? B.

/ Air conditioning #5  
I have a 5030C the air was fine it cooled cab on hot Sumer days. The RPM's didn't change turning it on so running the air made no noticeable change in HP.

/ Air conditioning #6  
The compressors are the same size as car AC compressors that pull 3 - 5 hp. I think that mechanic just wanted to sell a tractor without AC, or were you looking at a 6 hp cab tractor?

/ Air conditioning #7  
Most utility tractor A/C compressor are a rotary vane type compressor. The rotary vane type compressors are much easier to operate then the standard wobble piston type that are used in automotive A/C systems. Most rotary vane compressors will pull 3-5 hp and that's if only you have high head pressure in your system. If your A/C system is using half of your tractors HP then there is seriously wrong.

/ Air conditioning #8  
It isn't even noticeable on mine and also it wont affect anything until it is actually operating. I hate sweating on a 100 degree day when it isn't necessary.

/ Air conditioning #9  
i agree that theres no way the a/c cuts much HP. Mine cools the cab in no time, and i dont notice any reduction in working ability to the tractor. I have a/c and hst on a 45 hp tractor, but havnt done anything with it yet where the tractor didnt have enough power to complete the job.

/ Air conditioning #10  
I don't know who your dealer is but I know all the tractors I have sold and a lot were U5030 cabs you hardly notice the power loss. Even on the new XR series that are 37hp up to 46 hp you really don't notice it. Like stated above it takes maybe 3-5hp to run the pump and its a very good investment to have so you can enjoy your time using your tractor.