Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #11  
Wow, even with loaded tires I cannot lift maximum capacity before the rear end comes clear off the ground.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test
His kubota is also a cab model, I think that adds about 500 pounds of weight to his unit, which most definitely helps as well.

Now, when both of us had that much weight on the loaders and off the ground, if we lowered it too quickly then it would bounce the back tires off the ground for both of us. Now of course that is never advised, so we were both careful to lower the weight slowly.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #13  
I guess I could drive my DK-40 to Michigan. If I start now I should see you about 2 years from now.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #14  
Wow, even with loaded tires I cannot lift maximum capacity before the rear end comes clear off the ground.
i find the same thing with my DK45. . without added rear weight, i cant come close to lifting max weight without rear coming off the ground. I lifted a pallet of soil conditioners awhile back, and after adding in weight of pallet forks and pallet.... i did reach advertised lifting capacity for my tractor. But i also had to have my heavy brush chipper on the tractor.

this was from my earlier post last year

I had 35 - 3cu ft bundles of top soil delivered earlier this spring I. didn't think about them being very heavy until i went to offload the pallet. The rear end of the tractor started to come off the ground.

So being the nosy person i am, i looked at the bags ... however they did not list a net weight. So i got out my large material scale and weighed 3 bags.

61#
63#
63#

so if i average the load at 62# times 35 bags = 2170 # plus maybe 40# for the pallet and the forks weigh 400 # according to the manufacturers site.

grand total (best as i can tell) = 2,610#.

mind you i had to put the chipper on the back end to help keep the rear wheels on the ground, but dang if this tractor didnt lift what it says it can lift in the advertising. And it lifted it off of a flatbed trailer so it didnt just lift it off of the ground.

also..heres a the old thread

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/264466-what-largest-load-you-have.html

i find the same thing with my DK45. . without added rear weight, i cant come close to lifting max weight without rear coming off the ground. I lifted a pallet of soil conditioners awhile back, and after adding in weight of pallet forks and pallet.... i did reach advertised lifting capacity for my tractor. But i also had to have my heavy brush chipper on the tractor.

this was from my earlier post last year

I had 35 - 3cu ft bundles of top soil delivered earlier this spring I. didn't think about them being very heavy until i went to offload the pallet. The rear end of the tractor started to come off the ground.

So being the nosy person i am, i looked at the bags ... however they did not list a net weight. So i got out my large material scale and weighed 3 bags.

61#
63#
63#

so if i average the load at 62# times 35 bags = 2170 # plus maybe 40# for the pallet and the forks weigh 400 # according to the manufacturers site.

grand total (best as i can tell) = 2,610#.

mind you i had to put the chipper on the back end to help keep the rear wheels on the ground, but dang if this tractor didnt lift what it says it can lift in the advertising. And it lifted it off of a flatbed trailer so it didnt just lift it off of the ground.

also..heres a the old thread

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/264466-what-largest-load-you-have.html

Were you able to lift it to full height?

And, I guess I need to figure out what this set of forks weighs so I can get a more accurate lift total...

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #16  
Interesting experiment!

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #17  
Were you able to lift it to full height?

And, I guess I need to figure out what this set of forks weighs so I can get a more accurate lift total...

I lifted it off of a flat bed trailer, but not full height. i didnt want a ton + of manure over my head LOL

here are a few pics. I got the weight of my forks off off the web site i ordered them from. 0525121751.jpg0525121752.jpg0525121752a.jpg

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #19  
400 lbs sounds high in general for pallet forks. Mine are medium-duty 42" forks from Everything Attachments and weigh 240 lbs.

Last edited:
   / Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #20  

Not sure where the 3320 JD ranks size / weight. However, my B2920 could clearly lift the rear tires off the ground and they were loaded.

Also, my tires are loaded with "beat juice" ... I am not sure the difference in weight with the variety of fillers.