J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #1  

kompostking

Tractor
LS J2030H
Ok so long plowing stories short

so after i let my machine warm up and start plowing it seems like clock work after 20-40 minutes itll shut off automatically while driving or sitting still like a kill switch was hit. It has happened three times since thursday night. But this didnt happen last weekend when i was rolling compost for hours. Upon initial inspection i saw that the 40amp fuze was resting on the muffler so Maybe it was over heating and tripping something? I since tightened it up. when it shuts down i notice the oil lamp and battery lamp come on but those two lights come on when i pre heat it with the glow plugs, they've always came on since i bought the machine. All the oil levels are fine and i have the switch under the seat taped down so its not like i was trying to move the machine while not sitting down.

any one have this issue before?

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #2  
I had a similar issue with my R3039 - It turned out when installed some wiring - I removed a ground bolt under the dash to put my ground under it as well. What I didnt realize, as that bolt had a nut on the other side of the firewall holding more grounds. the nut fell off to the ground (I picked it up later wondering what it was for and even saved it!) By not having the nut on the back side, the ground connections there would come loose and the tractor would quit...

So... any chance you did a similar thing?

Mike

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #3  
Sounds like it's running out of fuel?? Plugged fuel filter?? Faulty fuel cap vent??? It obviously restarts after some period of time --- how long before it will restart??

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #4  
The oil lamp, and battery lamp should come on when it shuts down....zero oil pressure, and no electrical power from the alternator.

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #5  
How cold has it been in MA. Could it be summer fuel in the winter?

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off
Ok so after bypassing all of the safety switches IE( seat switch, pto switch, brake switch, etc) replacing the starter relay cause i found some corrosion in the connection and having my dash cluster be replaced the machine is still shutting down. There is a new ignition switch on the way but im also wondering if the fuel shut off solenoid is going bad i do hear it click when the machine shuts down but i hear it when i turn the key off too.

As for the fuel I run diesel that I buy at the gas station and run a non gel enzyme recommended by LS

I guess i will have to rig up some sort of test light monstrosity to attach to my machine so when im operating I can see where the voltage isnt going.

Am I missing anything??

well I still havent figured out the issue. LS told me it could be one of three things starter relay wich i had an extra so I swapped it and its still happening, Fuel shut off solenoid Im not sure how to test that or Ignition.

Ive bypassed every darn safety switch and its still shutting down intermittently while operating only while driving both forward and reverse. after it shuts down i can start itu p immediately

Any help on diagnostics please what is a young farmer todo

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #8  
Hot wire the Fuel solenoid you should fuse the line and have an easy disconnect. Start the tractor once started turn the key off it should still run, unless you have a electric fuel pump or epa add-ons . Use for the 20-40 min if it doesn't shut down the problem is on the electrical side if it shuts down it's on the fuel side. If it's still running use the easy disconnect to shut her down or when done testing.

Ok so updates galore. Negative battery terminal was loose i tightened it up and now it doesnt seem to shut down as much " maybe the placebo effect" But it still shuts down moving forward backward plowing rolling compost it doesnt matter what im doing it just shuts downs like a kill switch. I tightened up all grounding points electrical connection greased all contact points with a plug replaced starter relay since I had a spare and replaced ignition since I had a spare. Still shuts down this tractor doesnt have a complicated electrical system. But ive run out of options any one have any Ideas on how to rig up test lights so when it does shut down I can see exactly where the issue is

/ J2030h Keeps automatically shutting off #10  
i,m having the same problem with my j2030h.. I have have not found the cause ! please inform Beoldi if you find the answer.I replaced the instrument panel checked all 4 safety switches.. when i push on accellator pedal, or turn on pto switch it kills engine via fuel shutoff solenoid.. I can instantly restart engine,no problem. If i creep along,barely pushing pedal for a few minutes, suddenly everything works normally. I,m stumped